ATX Community

Organizer & Engagement Letters won't load

TaxCPANY

Has anyone else not gotten Organizer and Engagement Letters when adding Organizers to the 2019 clients?
I've had the problem for over a week now, and the guy to whom my case was escalated, Sean, has been a phone-tag player and now a no-show -- and ATX isn't simply shifting my case to someone available yet, all the tech managers being in a meeting of indeterminate duration I've been told.  "Wait til Monday" isn't what I'd hoped to hear.
I've learned to look into the Client Communication Manager from the Tools menu, but can neither load the letters from there nor Import my own letters -- exported from 2018 -- because there already are templates with the reserved names somewhere in the program.
Any further insights would be greatly appreciated!

I added the organizers to my clients about a month ago.  Returns/Organizers/Create...  I actually only use about 4-5 for those who have Schedule C or E.  I got tired of mailing out lots of paper which I didn't get returned or they came back blank.  I do use the Questionnaire in one of the organizers (really wish they would distinguish by name) modifying the master slightly.  I add a couple of questions and blank out the SSN field.  Actually I have to edit that field in Adobe to write 'Complete Both Sides' and now it is spread to 3 pages.  I print double sided for only 2 pages.  I do have really good compliance with these.  Maybe someday I can manage to have it fillable and online but not yet.  The questionnaire prompts folks to think about what they need to provide.  Not always perfect but better than nothing.

I honestly was not even aware of Client Communication Manager.  You would think, after 20+ years of using this software, I would have taken the time to explore more.  Kind of like Excel - so much more powerful than I imagined!  But I use the AICPA engagement letter template on my letterhead.  I do see the template option in the CCM, though.  Don't quite understand why you do not.  Wish I could help and am sorry you are having these challenges.  None of us need this kind of aggravation going into tax season!

Well, I actually got a call from Edna and after 43 minutes we got the Organizer Letter loading.  She's independently researching how to get the Org Engagement Ltr back as well; so I'm much more hopeful of having this on my weekend plate now.
I took AbbyNormal's advice years ago and got Nuance Power PDF with which to make organizers both digital and fillable.  A couple of clients every year can't get it to work and either print it to input, send me the paper or scan the pages; but that's the only problem I've had ever since -- and I totally agree with you that reminding clients with the Questionnaire is perhaps the biggest plus.
Fingers crossed this all works out by the end of the day.  Still, I think I learned patience this year:  my SSD hard drive stopped booting on its own in February so I ran the next 262 days off an Emergency Disk before I could take the time and find the right program with which to replace it without losing all my programs & settings.  (Macrium Reflect, that was.)

• Like 2

Wow, you have had a year!  Too bad it's ending with a challenge, too.  I may look into Nuance, I've certainly gotten enough ads here and there for it.  I have Adobe Pro which may be able to do that, too, but there is so much I can't figure out how to use.  Like Excel, more than I can handle.

Good luck with getting this to work!  I've already printed out everything and actually stamped the envelopes today, ready to mail Jan. 4.  I always mail right after Christmas not wanting to spoil the holiday or get lost in the mail.

I dated the letters January 4, 2021.  I will mail them Jan. 4, 2021.  I do not use a postage meter.  I'm old fashioned and use regular stamps.  I don't think postdating a document which will not leave my possession until the date on the letter is illegal.  I've prepared these client packets for over 15 years by having all ready to go usually by Thanksgiving - a little later this year - then putting in the mail on the date of the letter or on occasion the next day. 

Good luck with the letters and projections.  I hope they aren't illegal 😀

• Like 1