ATX Community

fixed assets missing in 2020

I've downloaded the 2020 program and rolled over a select few tax returns from 2019.  I've only checked two of the rolled over returns, mine and my assistant's, and both are missing fixed assets.  In mine the fixed assets tab is there, but there are no assets.  In my assistant's, the fixed assets tab does not even show up.  I'm thinking about deleting these two returns, waiting for a program update, and rolling them over again.  Anyone have other thoughts or suggestions?  TIA.  Have a Happy and Healthy New Year !

Hmm, I just rolled over my own return and assets were there.  I downloaded the program as soon as I received the email but did update forms before trying the rollover.  Good thing I did as I forgot one must re-enter (grumble, grumble) all the preparer, firm and e-file info as it doesn't carry over.  I hope your trick works!

9 minutes ago, DANRVAN said:

Mine rolled over.  I think you need to first roll over a client file with with the preparer info on it.

I did roll over a client file and nothing was there.  This happens to me every year.  Guess  I'm not so lucky!  It isn't a big deal but might be if I had several preparers.  Perhaps there is a box to check to roll over this info and I've missed it.   Since It's just me, I manage but grumble - a little!

1 hour ago, Margaret CPA in OH said:

This happens to me every year. 

That used to happen to me also (MAX). IIRC preparer and payer info was rolled over from a ??different?? screen, or needed to be done ??first??  I would fight it every year!

Edit to show MAX

Edited by Jim Oh Bkkr
To show MAX