ATX Community

IRS delays start of efiling to Feb 12th!

Abby Normal

I turn 74 this year, so I'm going to continue whining! But I agree that those youngsters don't know how good they have it. After I had my hip replaced, it struck me that ALL my joints are the same age as I am and must be as tired as I am!

My stepdaughter used to say that I was the only one of her four parents that had all my original parts. That's no longer true, but I'm the oldest of the four so went the longest with only original parts and still have only one replacement (her mom had two new breasts, mom's boyfriend had a new knee and new hip, and her dad/my hubby had two new shoulders before I got a new hip).

This getting older stuff is not for wimps!

• Like 5

Well, I'm feeling fine, really. I'm coming up on 65 this year and honestly, my temper is shorter and shorter with everything surrounding me. The IRS and tax law changes tick me off. Late changes, more responsibilities put upon us with zero benefit to us. No extra pay for us, no tax benefits.

These are signs that a change is in the air. When my bright, bubbly, happy spirit is feeling wounded and tired, it's time. 

I'm going to talk to HRB about buying my business after this tax season. I would like to work for someone else and be done with running the show. 

• Like 7