ATX Community

EIN for SSA-1099

HV Ken

ATX realized their programming blunder and you are no longer required to enter an EIN for each group of forms that have withholding. It was a tremendously stupid idea to begin with because most people have multiple W2's, 1099s, etc., and the efile already contains the EIN for each W2, 1099, etc.

I'd love to know what the concept was behind this idea to begin with, as I can't see any problem that it was solving.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, Abby Normal said:

ATX realized their programming blunder and you are no longer required to enter an EIN for each group of forms that have withholding. It was a tremendously stupid idea to begin with because most people have multiple W2's, 1099s, etc., and the efile already contains the EIN for each W2, 1099, etc.

I'd love to know what the concept was behind this idea to begin with, as I can't see any problem that it was solving.

How did you get this info?

I am guessing their is an update coming to correct this?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TKTax said:

I am still getting the error on 1099-R line. I have multiple 1099-R. I am using all zeros

I didn't check 1099R's, just Social Security withholding. Is it a red error? If not I'd ignore it.

I was working in my test client return yesterday and was getting a ton of blue errors for overrides on banking products that I don't even use. I just unchecked the Overrides filter so I didn't have to look at them.

• Like 1

Sadly till a red error, but this from the ATX message board:

"Just spoke to a support rep, they are aware of this, IRS is updating their system She said , as per the IRS, the resolution is to put in all zeros into that number

There will be an update shortly"

per NYTaxLady

• Like 2

Any update on this?   I just did a couple returns and it is pulling a red error for all my 1099Rs.   Both these returns have multiple 1099Rs associated with each having withholding, so there is no single EIN to put on that line.   And the EIN is on the input form.   This is a terribly poorly thought out idea.

Tom
Modesto, CA

So are you saying we are to enter the Social Security Administration number?  On the chart that I see on this site it has above the column EIN (Filer); EIN (Spouse).  

When I did a check return it also gave me a error which said (IRS e-file limitation:  Each withholding amount must have an associated EIN. 

Enter 00-0000000 (9 zeroes) if an EIN is not available).

28 minutes ago, Dan said:

So are you saying we are to enter the Social Security Administration number?  On the chart that I see on this site it has above the column EIN (Filer); EIN (Spouse).  

When I did a check return it also gave me a error which said (IRS e-file limitation:  Each withholding amount must have an associated EIN. 

Enter 00-0000000 (9 zeroes) if an EIN is not available).

The worksheet is actually asking for an EIN of (one of) the payer(s), but if you don't have that, have more than one, and especially since the worksheet is NOT sent with the e-filing, I'd suggest just entering all zeroes and move on through the processing. 

• Like 4

• 1 month later...