ATX Community

opening ATX

grandmabee

This year I have to go to control panel, Services and find ATX both 2019 and 2020 and change because they say disabled and won't start.  If I don't do both  19 & 20 then nothing will roll over.  Does anyone know why this is happening?  I called tech when I couldn't open the 2020 and this is what the tech did to open 2020.  I don't want to have to do this every time I turn on the computer.  Any ideas???

TIA

I have seen three possible solutions: 

1.- Instead of automatic... start the service as automatic delayed. You have to do for each year. I believe this will make you to wait a bit before opening ATX after boots and reboots.

2.- Run the service with a domain account as domain\username and password. 

3.- Edit the registry and extend the time frame that the computer has to wait to run services. As you know, the computer has a few seconds/minutes to start all the services and if a service takes to long, the computer simply stops waiting and you will have to do it manually.

If you're in Services, right click the service and choose Properties. Then set it to automatic. You can't do that from the services tab in Task Manager, but you can restart services in Task Manager.

I turn off my older year's ATX services because I don't see the point of having 7 years of ATX services running when I rarely open more than the last 3 years.

On 1/26/2021 at 6:14 AM, Abby Normal said:

If you're in Services, right click the service and choose Properties. Then set it to automatic. You can't do that from the services tab in Task Manager, but you can restart services in Task Manager.

I turn off my older year's ATX services because I don't see the point of having 7 years of ATX services running when I rarely open more than the last 3 years.

That is what I am doing every morning after I turn on the computer.  but it is back to disabled the next morning.