ATX Community

Fees

Christian

As a general rule I rarely raise my fees but this year is going to have to be different. All this folderol about the EIP, the second EIP and, of course, the clients don't have the reporting forms and have NO CLUE about the amounts received. This along with the AGAIN delayed filing deadline (like last year) and these sticky Covid restrictions. Yes the fees got to go UP. 😊  

• Like 3

I hear you!  I held off raising fees until 3 years ago then instituted a $25 CTC/AOC/EITC fee just to answer all those cursed 8867 questions about clients that I KNOW!  And, of course, it only applied to those getting those credits.  Then last year added a $25 technology fee as I had to upgrade to Win 10 and then a new scanner compatible with Win 10.  I recovered all those costs and omitted it this year.  As I bill by time, I think any issues that arise with the EIP stuff, will sort themselves out. 

• Like 2

I'm adding a line item for The CARES Act and another line for the Consolidated Appropriations Act. How much I put on those lines will depend on how much time I spend on that client's questions, issues, etc., and whether or not they asked questions BEFORE they did things like take money out of their IRA. Yes, this is my way of increasing my total fee for almost every client.

• Like 4