ATX Community

Anyone from the Pittsburgh area?

schirallicpa

Has your family that is attending/hosting quarantined? Have you? Are any or all of you vaccinated? Is your family the kind that WILL wear masks, stay six feet apart, wash hands, not shout or sing, etc.? Are you close enough to Pittsburgh that you won't have to use a public restroom on your way? Close enough that you don't have to stay overnight? Do you know and trust whoever is handling the food? Is the venue large enough that you can move every 15 minutes to mix and mingle and not hang around one person too long? Will the event/some of the event take place outdoors? If you're asking, you probably shouldn't go!! (I haven't visited my granddaughters in PA since last Christmas.) Stay safe.

• Like 3

We went to PA to do some things for our daughter on New Years weekend. At that time, PA wanted you to have a 72 hour negative test report with you when you entered the state. Wondering how they would ever enforce this, we traveled anyway. No one stopped us at the border, (WV and PA rt 79). Naturally, Lowes Hardware was open but no restaurants; etc. Hotel never questioned anything. That is all I know.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, FDNY said:

Yes, I don’t know how

Went there to watch Sammy Sosa try and break the home run record back when, (he struck out 4 times).  That food stand had about a hundred lines and there were 20 to 30 people in each line.  There were more people at that stand than in the stadium.  A couple of people said it was worth the wait, but alas, I would wait!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

We did end up going.  We were thinking of staying in NY but when considering any risk of going anywhere, the only place that looked safe was the middle of the Atlantic ocean.

Ate at the Harp and Fiddle Irish Pub on Penn Ave.  

People were all good - everyone we saw was wearing a mask.  Restaurants had limited tables.  People were respecting space.  It was good.

Went to Wholly Foods and got some fresh calamari and fresh flounder.  Love going there.  Sometimes they have fresh Octopus and the kids used to freak out.  We got some awesome olive oil, spices, fresh bread, figs, and Brad got some cigars.  Love Penn Ave.

• Like 1