ATX Community

Second EIP Payment Update

Lee B

The IRS has announced they are finished making additional "expedited stimulus payments" even though payments may still be in the mail.

"As of January 29, 2021, Get My Payment will no longer be updated for the first and second Economic Impact Payments.  "

This apparently means that the "Get My Payment " tool will not reflect any of the expedited payments made during February.

Well that really throws sand in the gears!😠

• 3 weeks later...

I was just told that my client's second stimulus is "scheduled for deposit on April 15."

Should I include it on the tax return? The form clearly says "check here if no payment was received." If I say it was already received, that scheduled payment might vanish. 

3 hours ago, Possi said:

I was just told that my client's second stimulus is "scheduled for deposit on April 15."

Should I include it on the tax return? The form clearly says "check here if no payment was received." If I say it was already received, that scheduled payment might vanish. 

Perhaps your client means their 3rd stimulus rebate, since the IRS says they finished 3 weeks ago.

I guess it's possible that your client threw away a debit card and the IRS is replacing it, but that means as far as the IRS is concerned your client has received their rebate.

No matter what you do you are in a "no win" situation !   If I was in this situation with a client I would outline their options in writing, let them tell

you how they want you to handle it under their signature.

1 hour ago, cbslee said:

Perhaps your client means their 3rd stimulus rebate, since the IRS says they finished 3 weeks ago.

I guess it's possible that your client threw away a debit card and the IRS is replacing it, but that means as far as the IRS is concerned your client has received their rebate.

No matter what you do you are in a "no win" situation !   If I was in this situation with a client I would outline their options in writing, let them tell

you how they want you to handle it under their signature.

Thanks, I am going to take it on the tax return. You are right, they have completed the first set of payments.