ATX Community

Can't get eSign to work in ATX

richard130

My first time trying to use the esign feature in ATX. I looked at the support and that says how to initiate an eSign. But when I do that, the client never gets anything to sign. When I set up a return for eSign, ATX says "sending to the provider" and that is the last I hear of it.

Anybody got any suggestions?

I have used eSign for the first time this year through ATX.  While it's a nice feature and has worked well the few times I've used it, it can be a heck of a lot better.  As far as I know, there is no way to customize what is sent to the client.  After you click the eSign tab and go through a couple quick questions, the process is taken over by ATX.  ATX (or Docusign) sends the client a confirmation email that ensures the client authenticates themselves.  Once authenticated, the client is provided with a copy of the return and signature forms.  I receive a confirmation email that the documents were sent to the client.  I also receive an email once the documents are signed and read for my review.  

I don't recall ever setting up any type of account to use eSign...I simply pressed the tab.  Feedback from my clients have been positive.  I wish there was a way to send engagement letters or additional documents as well.  

Maybe do a live chat with an ATX rep and see if they can assist you...or give support a call.