ATX Community

Lawmakers want tax deadline extended to July 15

JRS

https://www.accountingtoday.com/news/lawmakers-ask-irs-to-extend-tax-season-until-july-15-due-to-covid?position=editorial_1&campaignname=LIVE_ACT_Weekly_IRS%20Watch%2020201110-02242021&utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=LIVE_ACT_Weekly_IRS+Watch+20201110%2B%27-%27%2B02242021&bt_ee=EQttwmVVkLPlw79kBJ9%2FRhR2GDhJQz0WvQJIEyObfE%2Fdl4BYt%2BQRvDMwV6r%2Fhf3s&bt_ts=1614186065406

• Thanks 1

• jklcpa changed the title to Lawmakers want tax deadline extended to July 15

I don't know about anyone else, but I would welcome it. My mother passed away much sooner than expected on 2/18 and we had the funeral yesterday. I am waaaaay behind, because I spent as much time with her as possible. Most of my clients have been very understanding. We still have so much to do in her house, but my sister took a leave of absence to help out as much as she can. I really wish that this was going to be a normally difficult tax season, but no such luck.

Bonnie

• Sad 8

Bonnie, I am so very sorry to hear of this terrible loss.  You do know that all of us here hold you in our hearts and prayers.  Be sure to ask for any help we might give.  Family is always first, period, so am grateful that you took the time you needed.  It seems at least most of your clients understand.  Those that don't are not really worth having.

Take care of yourself, too.  And lean on us.

• Like 2

And, to keep it separate from tax stuff...

I'm very sorry you lost your mother and very glad you spent time with her. Do what you have to do. And, keep us in the loop. We all care for you and your health and your well-being during this very strange time for grieving. Prayers.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NECPA in NEBRASKA said:

the Employer ID#

FWIW There was a post on, (I think), the Drake forum that said this can only be done during certain hours - and the earlier the better.  (7 or 8 am EST IIRC)

Also, prayers, and hoping your son is still flying high!

Edited by Jim Oh Bkkr
Add EST

7 hours ago, Jim Oh Bkkr said:

FWIW There was a post on, (I think), the Drake forum that said this can only be done during certain hours - and the earlier the better.  (7 or 8 am EST IIRC)

Also, prayers, and hoping your son is still flying high!

Thank you! He is still a captain for SkyWest and living in Colorado. He should get a promotion next month to check airman. He will be one of the youngest to get this chance. (Sorry, I am a proud mom.)

• Like 7