ATX Community

grr -can we stick to taxes!!

WITAXLADY

so a couple days WI workforce called about some issue and I literally said I will deal with this in May - He said what? I replied this is a tax office and can't this wait?  he did not know what to say..

Fri - 4 letters - WI sent out wrong ones stating they hadn't received a form adn payment - we're sorry we did a lot of them - so how many more clients will call on that,.

Fed 940 - said the same thing!

Then a nanny letter on the 941 and the check is already cleared and I cannot mail it in as they will get letters before the mail gets looked at - I called the IRS on other issues and they said call them - again and fax it - do you know how hard it is to get ahold of Tax practitioner?!!

Then a letter mailed 2 months ago - now they got a levy letter - too bad, so sad - Tax pract said wait 2 weeks and see if we cashed it

That is all that is happening letters! and still no refunds for about 12 clients - it is processing...

and I also told tax prac to just focus on issuing refunds for a couple months pleeeaasseee so we can do taxes!

Oh wauit - My Lent  - and office is GIVE UP

Negativity!!!

Sorry

Darlene - lovely WI

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

This year everyone seems to have something new or different or a question for the future (thank goodness, they're asking in advance or at least planning for 2021 or telling me about it now so I can convince them to plan), and so many of the new things happened during the pandemic and as late as 27 December. Everyone seems to need me to explain why I need their January 2021 EIP payment, and has to go look for it. Everyone seems to have at least one income item that they don't usually have, whether a new side gig or unemployment or dipping into savings or retirement funds. Everyone wants to discuss what Congress is doing now and will do the rest of 2021. And, I have a few that telephone me every time they hear something on the news or read something somewhere (they can't remember where) to ask me about it. And, PPP forgiveness on entity returns is driving me nuts; I'm sitting here with a partnership that won't balance and S-corp owners calling me to ask why their returns aren't ready. And, hubby keeps wandering in, talking...

• Like 4

Only when I wander OUT of my office to talk. Hubby's supposed to help me proofread and drop off to a couple clients and shop and cook and NOT wander in and talk while I'm working! I try shutting my door, but he just knocks, starts talking, and wanders in -- with his shoes on, so I end up vacuuming. He also waters my plants, which is a sweet idea, but he leaves water on my wood furniture. I love him dearly, but a little less when I'm working!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Lion EA said:

Only when I wander OUT of my office to talk. Hubby's supposed to help me proofread and drop off to a couple clients and shop and cook and NOT wander in and talk while I'm working! I try shutting my door, but he just knocks, starts talking, and wanders in -- with his shoes on, so I end up vacuuming. He also waters my plants, which is a sweet idea, but he leaves water on my wood furniture. I love him dearly, but a little less when I'm working!

Sounds like you're hitched to a really good guy, I'm sure you know that and are very happy because if you look around out there, there's very few of us left.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Lion EA said:

I sure worded that in a misleading way! He is younger than I am, but not by that much. 27th anniversary this June.

Congratulations Lion.

We celebrated our 30th anniversary a couple days ago.   Shrimp scampi for dinner.   Sucks to have your birthday, spouse's birthday and anniversary all in a 4 week period during tax season.   We try to make up for it in the summer.

Tom
Modesto, CA

• Like 3