ATX Community

Tax Dome. Is anyone familiar with this?

Max W

Tax Dome is somewhat similar to Canopy, but is less expensive.

For $600/yr upfront, they provide unlimited E-signing  a portal, a website, CRM, etc.   It also integrates with Drake, Lacerte, Pro Series and a few others, but not ATX.

What experience if any has anyone had with Tax Dome?

• Like 1

I just started using it this year.  It's the first online tax portal I've ever used so I cannot compare to others.  

I like that they are constantly adding upgrades and seeking requests on ways to improve.  My clients seem quite happy with it and getting their accounts activated has been very easy.  I love how much more organized managing each client has been for me this year.  No more One Drive expiring links, fishing for documents in various cloud portals, etc. I feel much more secure in my communications to clients and as they become more comfortable with this way of communicating, I think my days of SS# riddled documents in my email will be minimal.  It took me quite a bit of time to understand how to use it and I'm still learning.  I don't think I've even scratched the surface of what it can do.  If you've already used a online tax portal the learning curve might be shorter. 

Also, keep in mind the unlimited signatures is true, but if you want KBA signature, it's $1 extra per signature request. 

I think as I learn to use it, I'll find it better and better.  I haven't utilized the workflow feature at all yet.  Mostly client communications, doc exchange, signature request and tasks communications.  I look forward to post tax season learning about the workflow and pipeline features. 

• Like 3

I was hoping to choose between TaxDome and Taxaroo before this season got underway but never managed to. So now it will be on my to do list for after this season's filing deadline. If the finish line gets moved, I may be able to look into these sooner.

Thanks GGRNY for sharing your experience!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to do a follow up to this.  I've now been using TaxDome for nearly two months and it becomes more and more apparent how valuable it is.  I love the internal messaging I have with clients, signature features, document approval, email sync. Clients seem to find it VERY easy to use.  They have a cell phone app too so getting client documents scanned and sent to me has been a MUCH, MUCH faster turnover. I only had two clients that had issues and it's because they are business and personal clients and they didn't know how to toggle between accounts.  Other than that, it's been VERY smooth sailing.  

In addition, I abandoned my DocuSign subscription in place of TaxDome's signature option.  I like that I can decide which forms I need KBA and which I don't. 

I've probably only used 20% of a capability and I'm still this happy.  I find I'm not scrabbling around nearly as much trying to find documents from client's in the 20 different communication vehicles I was using before.  Instead, I put a link to the client portal on my website and point everyone there for document transfers.  And clients are abiding by that most of the time.  When they send me sensitive stuff via email (like their SS# :( ) I kindly remind them to please use the portal.  I haven't had one client object.  

They constantly do updates based on user feedback. All in all, I am very happy with it and for $600 for the year, I really think it's a steal. 

I do recommend learning to use it when you actually have a little down time to do it.  It was a bit overwhelming to navigate at first while knee deep in tax season.  Hope the review helps!

• Like 4

Only thing I can add to this is through Drake, I use Secure File Pro. Provides the same services mentioned here but comes at a much lesser price. I am billed $14.95 per month. For e-signatures, I have been using the free version of Pandadoc. Comes with a certificate of authenticity for the signature. E-signatures through Drake can be purchased as well. The cost would still be less than the other programs mentioned in this post.

I was using Taxaroo at the beginning of the season and gave up on it after a couple of weeks.  The video conferencing was awful.  When it did connect the echo made it useless.  Clients found the scheduler was difficult to use and, again after a calls to support, it would not sync with my Google calendar. I could not get the interview to customize correctly even after several calls to support.  The the final straw was there was a problem with their server becoming  corrupted and I could not access files clients sent to me and many clients had just disappeared from the client list.  I called support everyday for four days and was told each time  everything would be restored by the next day.  On the fourth day I was told each preparer's clients had to be restored manually from the back up server and it could be another 10 days before they got to me.  Needless to say I was done with them a switched back to Secure File Pro.

22 hours ago, Patrick Michael said:

I was using Taxaroo at the beginning of the season and gave up on it after a couple of weeks.  The video conferencing was awful.  When it did connect the echo made it useless.  Clients found the scheduler was difficult to use and, again after a calls to support, it would not sync with my Google calendar. I could not get the interview to customize correctly even after several calls to support.  The the final straw was there was a problem with their server becoming  corrupted and I could not access files clients sent to me and many clients had just disappeared from the client list.  I called support everyday for four days and was told each time  everything would be restored by the next day.  On the fourth day I was told each preparer's clients had to be restored manually from the back up server and it could be another 10 days before they got to me.  Needless to say I was done with them a switched back to Secure File Pro.

Wow, that's sounds AWFUL.  During questionably the worst tax season EVER, I can only imagine your stress level.  🤯

• Like 3

We've been using Verifyle for signatures and secure email.  I get that free as an NAEA member.  People generally find it easy to use, too, although getting sig's for married couples isn't nearly as easy as it was using Signature Flow (from CPAperless, now discontinued, doggone it).

• Like 3

• 7 months later...
On 3/8/2021 at 8:45 PM, HV Ken said:

I was hoping to choose between TaxDome and Taxaroo before this season got underway but never managed to. So now it will be on my to do list for after this season's filing deadline. If the finish line gets moved, I may be able to look into these sooner.

Thanks GGRNY for sharing your experience!

Did you every figure out which to go with?

On 12/8/2021 at 11:52 AM, schirallicpa said:

Did you every figure out which to go with?

I am hoping to begin evaluating TaxDome next week and have it in place for tax season. Based on customer reviews, I am not bothering with the comparison and just going right to TaxDome.

Does Tax Dome offer website templates?  I currently do not have a website but have been considering it.  The site I am looking to create will have updated features similar to what CPASiteColutions.com offers.  Updated information and data that automatically populates the site.  Tax tips and other informative data.  Does Tax Dome offer that?  I am going to reach out to them but was hoping to hear from individuals who use the offer first.  Thanks!