ATX Community

Non Paid Preparer and Efile without Form 8867

Robin Morris

I do my own personal return (with education credits) at my office in ATX and I want to treat this returns as self-prepared but if I mark as unpaid preparer then ATX won't let me efile because it still wants form 8867 which is only for PAID preparers. Any suggestions on how I can get the return efiled?

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/18/2021 at 11:34 AM, Robin Morris said:

I do my own personal return (with education credits) at my office in ATX and I want to treat this returns as self-prepared but if I mark as unpaid preparer then ATX won't let me efile because it still wants form 8867 which is only for PAID preparers. Any suggestions on how I can get the return efiled?

Robin...I'm just curious, why do you feel the need to show it as "unpaid"?  Maybe I'm missing something but I also prepare my returns and my children's returns (both full time students) on ATX and show that I am the paid preparer.  I keep sending my kids invoices and past due notices.  I'm going to have to get a collection agency involved.  😇😋

• Like 1
  • Haha 6