ATX Community

MOVE THE DEADLINE FURTHER?

Lee B

According to several news articles, both the NCCPAP and the AICPA are pushing hard to get the IRS to extend the deadline

for all forms and payments from April 15th to June 15th. They are saying the extension to May 17th wasn't very helpful,

since it excluded Trusts, Corporations and all 1040 taxpayers who need to make quarterly estimated payments.

I agree that at the very least the deadline extension to May 17th should have included all form and all payments.

It didn't really help me since almost all of my returns are business related.

• Like 4

New York State did something sensible (I am shocked, but hey I guess these things can indeed happen).  They changed ALL their due dates for every type of return and payment to July 15th.  No exceptions.  Of course, the feds' date is earlier, but still.  Sensible!  Pick a date far enough in the future to matter, and make it across the board. Good for NYS for this.

• Like 4

Catherine, MN needs to do that too!  They haven't even worked out which of the gazillion federal changes from last year we'll conform to.  And the legislature is in session until around May 17th, so that's when they'll probably do something.

Absolutely the feds and states need to match the Estimated dates to the return dates!

• Like 3