ATX Community

New Due Federal Due Date - May 17

Yardley CPA

12 minutes ago, Randall said:

Are you talking about direct payment?  I just put one in to pay April 15.  But my letter is showing May 17 now.

I'm talking about 1040 EF Payment Tab.  I indicated for payment to be made on May 13, 2021 and the return was rejected.  Your selection of April 15 should not be rejected...hopefully.

10 hours ago, cpabsd said:

Hope this gets updated soon.  I have clients that owe large balances and want the extra month to pay.  I'm now beyond the three days for the date on the e file forms.  Ugh!!!

I thought the May 17 was official for paying as well as filing.  Can't your clients wait until May 17 and mail a check.  I think the original post was for the automatic debit to be taken out beyond April 15.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, cpabsd said:

Hope this gets updated soon.  I have clients that owe large balances and want the extra month to pay.  I'm now beyond the three days for the date on the e file forms.  Ugh!!!

If they were going to pay with an efile debit, efile the return and initiate the payment using Direct Pay.

• Like 3