ATX Community

Not Tax- copy paper

grandmabee

I get the Boise X-9 "Splox box" 20-lb, 92-brightness, which is a half-case of paper in ONE box with NO separate reams.  I can pick up a half-case without help, and not having to rip the paper wrappings of reams is nice, too.  None of my printers will take a full ream, so that inner wrapping is a detriment rather than a benefit.

I've gone paperless with 75% of my clients.  I upload everything to the portal and have them sign electronically.  I then provide them with a completed copy of the approved eFiled return for their records.  I hope to increase this number overtime but there will always be some clients who prefer paper copies.    

• Like 3

I, too, have gone mostly paperless a few years ago.  When clients bring or mail documents, I scan and return but have been fortunate that perhaps 60% have been able to navigate the portal and upload at least everything they have in pdf.  And I upload the client copies of the returns and encourage them to print or save.  But, with several folks of a certain age in years or technology education or equipment, I do still have some number that want that printed copy.  Just so glad to have a lot less nowadays!

• Like 1

If you go to Staples the back of the receipt normally has a $10 off coupon on your next in store visit.   Go get 1 case of paper, get the receipt, put the paper in your car, come back into the store and buy another case for $10 less.

I won't say how I know this, but I know this works....

Tom
Modesto, CA

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I used to hit Staple's back-to-school sales for my tax folders at $0.05 each. We'd go after Sunday brunch when both kids were with us, each grab the maximum (25ish) in my color of the year, and check-out in four different lines. I'd add some fatter vinyl folders in my stack, and be set for the next tax season. I think hubby got a teachers' discount by showing his union card, also.

• Like 2