ATX Community

NT - A Long Season

BLACK BART

Gosh, it's been a lloooonnnggg tax season.  I got (and passed) my second wind about two weeks ago; am now working on the third which is disappearing fast.  Lost/non-received refund complaints are frequent. 

Think I'll ask the preacher to revise a prayer and invoke it for me - to wit: (from medieval Englishmen) "Lord, protect us from the wrath of the Northmen" -- to that I'll add ("and from the ravages of lost and unknown Stimulus payments to the lost and unknowing souls who declare {"think we got it/don't remember/seems like we did-maybe/part, but not sure which/is this any trouble?"})   

It's downhill from here, so after 4-15 I'm disappearing for awhile and to heck with May 17th.   

• Like 6

Ragnar Lothbrook is on his way.  My long hours end April 15 too.  I'll do what I can on slow time to May 17, then extensions after that.  Ky has conformed to May 17 but only some of the locals have conformed.  So now I have to determine who has to file certain local business returns by April 15 and get those extensions ready and with a payment of some amount.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, RitaB said:

Dear LORD, I am fried good and proper. Help me not hug my next client who says, “I dunno, you’re the accountant, hahaha,” and slaps his knee. 

Me, too.  Worse yet, I'm starting to get more than a little snippy with clients.  Instead of just hiking their bills.  Some are going to be really horrified to see their bills this year, and I'm gonna show them how much TIME I spent chasing their hindquarters to give me information.  If they walk for next year, good bleeping riddance.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Margaret CPA in OH said:

Ragnar Lothbrook is on his way.  I am SOOOO happy to see another Vikings fan!  My husband thinks I am a bit nuts but I loved that series.  I just might have to have another go at it.  Once I get the staples out, papers out of envelopes, all in order, etc.

Ha.  I think I still have to watch the last season.  I get them on DVD.  I've watched it thru several times.  I shouldn't admit this in public.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1