ATX Community

Botdoc.io / PDF from Edward Jones printing all black

RitaB

This is a long shot, but I figured someone here could (would) help me before Edward Jones or my client.  Yes.

My client didn't bring his 1099, Edward Jones has sent it to me as a zip file.  It's a PDF, 13 pages, I need three of them.  They print black.  

It happened with another client last week.  He had a few dollars in dividends, so I just wrote them down.  I really need to print this one.  Thanks in advance!

There can be security on PDF files that prevents things like printing and editing, but I've never seen one that blackout the whole page. (That'll put a dent in your toner!) We only view PDFs on screen anyway and would never want to print a client document out.

One way I get around security on these protected PDFs (so I can add notes to the document) is to print the PDF to another PDF.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cbslee said:

Rita, when you are looking the pdf, save it in a different format, if you use Word then save it as a word document. then print it out.

There also several other formats that you could also save it as.

"Word cannot start the converter PDF files."

6 minutes ago, Abby Normal said:

There can be security on PDF files that prevents things like printing and editing, but I've never seen one that blackout the whole page. (That'll put a dent in your toner!) We only view PDFs on screen anyway and would never want to print a client document out.

One way I get around security on these protected PDFs (so I can add notes to the document) is to print the PDF to another PDF.

"We can't open this file.  Something went wrong."  I'm thinking I will call somebody at Edward Jones.  My client almost got a hug telling me his dividends are reinvested so they're not taxable.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Did you try printing just one page? (I once went crazy trying to print when the problem was a stray code on a random page; I could print pages before and after and noted the erroneous page.) Or, a selection? I like the idea of Save As with a new name, and then trying the new file.

26 minutes ago, Lion EA said:

Did you try printing just one page? (I once went crazy trying to print when the problem was a stray code on a random page; I could print pages before and after and noted the erroneous page.) Or, a selection? I like the idea of Save As with a new name, and then trying the new file.

Yeah, I tried everything.  I called four local offices, secretary at one said, "Yes, we know about this problem but I can't remember the settings you have to change, can I fax it you?"  Got it.  I actually used my phone and took screen shots of the file that I couldn't print and emailed them to myself before she sent the fax.  The quality is better than the fax.  Haha. Thanks, everyone!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, RitaB said:

used my phone and took screen shots

Taking screen shots with the computer, using the Print Screen button, or Windows Snipping Tool or the new snipping tool in Win10 is a basic computer skill everyone should learn.

I see blurry photos of screens in the ATX facebook group all the time and I just shake my head and scrool on by.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Abby Normal said:

Taking screen shots with the computer, using the Print Screen button, or Windows Snipping Tool or the new snipping tool in Win10 is a basic computer skill everyone should learn.

I see blurry photos of screens in the ATX facebook group all the time and I just shake my head and scrool on by.

I am happy to report I see the Print Screen button, only 10 hours later.  😅

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

15 hours ago, Abby Normal said:

Hey, I do have one more question.  How many times do I have to click "Accept Cookies" before they send me the cookies?

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

On the topic of "print Screen": Is there any way to print the "Bulk Disposition" screen within ATX? 

The only way I can do it use the snipping tool to print the screen.  I have never figured out how to make ATX print it.  I like to include it for my client to show where the numbers on the 4797 come from.