ATX Community

Accepted Returns Not Showing on Where’s My Refund

FDNY

I have 2 returns that I know of that were accepted in March but WMR says error, check if your info is correct.  I thought I saw this somewhere that this has been happening.   Would anyone have any knowledge of this problem?

Usually when a return gets held up it is for an identity issue, or a credit issue, such as EITC. 

This year, because of the changes made mid-stream,such as the UI exemption, those returns have to be processed by hand as the software hasn't been developed to process them electronically.

A client got a notice yesterday, dated May 3 2021, that there refund had been adjusted, turns out to be the EIP recovery.  They had a child born 2-2020, and what they had for amount of EIP rec'd.  plug infor return they are due another EIP for the new child, I hope this is not a sign of things to come as I have a number of cilents with new children in 2020.  return was filed late Feb.  tow things, I think the client had the wrong amt received for the 
EIP, 

Does any one know if the IRS would have picked the child up for the second EIP in January

I have also aked the ciient to go on the IRS website to track down the information for me

we will see what happens

30 minutes ago, fredazcpa said:

I have also aked the ciient to go on the IRS website to track down the information for me

The IRS removed the details available for EIP I & II prior to EIP III.

The only way your client will be able to see the EIP I & II amounts paid to them will be by setting up a"Secure Access" account.

I put the info in myself.   I found on 2 other forums of people having same problem.  One of the responses was from an "IRS employee" that IRS is aware of the problem.  I think it was the Intuit forum.  That's good enough for me to tell clients to have patience, I have too much going on now to deal with this further.  

I hardly ever check WMR for clients and tell them to do it themselves, but clients saying there's an error just added more stress to an already stressful year.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1