ATX Community

shareholder footnotes

Christian Smith

I don't use ATX any more, so maybe someone else here will chime in.  Sorry I can't be more help, and welcome to our forum.

I googled and found this that may help you find the footnote editor. It's for Axcess, CCH's program with more features, but ATX should have a place for the preparer to enter statements and footnotes that can be applied globally:   https://download.cchaxcess.com/pfxbrowserhelp/TaxHelp/Content/Tax Returns/TR_UsingFootnotes.htm

I haven't used  ATX in years, either. But at the very least, you can attach a .pdf. There's probably a "return notes" feature that allows you to enter your own freeform note that's transmitted with the return. Or, maybe one of the boilerplate "elections" is close to what you need, or can be edited to meet your needs. Or, a "list" that will appear behind the K-1 or whatever form, schedule, or line you want to explain. Poke around all the menus to see what can work for you. Check back on Friday when all the regulars will be around.

Not quite the editor that we might want, but at the bottom of the K1 Global Info Tab there is a link that takes you to Schedule K. For an S-corp scroll down to the Other information section,  line 17AD (partnerships are 20AH) and you can enter a note in there.