ATX Community

NT - want decent fireworks on east coast

schirallicpa

We're in western NYS and you just cannot find good fireworks near us.  We have friends that usually drive to FL each year and bring back some, but they did not go this past year.  So I'm wondering if anyone knows where to find decent fireworks in PA, MD, DE or VA.  You know - a good road trip, but don't kill me in the car kinda trip.  (I'm hoping to find some in eastern MD and then I can convince my hubby to take me to Ocean City for a night or 2)

My PA kids buy in PA. They're in Starlight, PA, and I think they go to Honesdale. Some strange PA law that you can sell fireworks, but only to out-of-staters? So, my son goes with a PA summer-home owner who has out-of-state license plates on his car. They live at The Inn at Starlight Lake and set off fireworks from the dock in the middle of Starlight Lake for their restaurant and Inn guests to enjoy. I'll check with them. 

• Like 2

Isn't that the weirdest law ever.  

We can get small fire crackers and stuff like that in the nearby PA shops, but I figured we'd need to travel a little further to get some good ones.  Our friend has traveled to FL for years and probably for 15 years we have set off fireworks at our house on the 4th.  Tons of people come down.  We have a huge yard  and we have built some platforms and safeguards.  We have a lot of fun with it and love having half the town down in the front yard.  One person lost a taillight once on a wild one that hit their car.  But generally a pretty good time.

• Like 3

I don't buy fireworks, but there are several fireworks vendors on the NC/SC border, not far south of Charlotte.  They are all located within a mile of one another at the Interstate 77 exit for the Carowinds theme park.  I'm told their selection is vast.  Around holidays, there are hordes of cars at these places with people buying hundreds and even thousands of dollars worth of fireworks.  Amazing. 

• Like 2