ATX Community

Client MFJ, wife out of country until late Oct.

Max W

23 minutes ago, cbslee said:

Even it you don't have a portal or one of the esigning apps, send it as a pdf that is encrypted or password protected. She prints, signs, scans and emails it back.

I have Encyro and I didn't think it would take a long overseas phone number, but it will. I'm putting it on extension anyway, just incase it doesn't work.

1 hour ago, Catherine said:

@Max W if you're an EA and member of NAEA,  you have free access to Verifyle.  Or, you can buy it for a month for like $15 (less than a one-way FedEx overnight fee).  You can get e-signatures using that system.  

hanks for the suggestion, but I can't justify the membership expense of  NAEA and the  California CSEA as well.  The total of the two runs to $520/yr plus the local membership fee.

As I said in the previous post, I use Encyro which has not only a secure upload link not requiring a password, but also provides for KBA esignatures for $120/yr.

Once the client finishes signing and dating the form, Encyro automatically sends me an email advising me that the documents have been signed along with a link to access it.

• Like 1

On 5/24/2021 at 2:40 AM, Lynn EA USTCP in Louisiana said:

@Max, CSEA decoupled from NAEA a few years ago.  One could join either organization without being required to join the other. Many current members of NAEA are from California. 

Thanks, Lynn.  I will look into it again.