ATX Community

Just want to say thank you

I've been around for a few years but I'm Irish and stubborn so have rarely asked for help.  I'm also a one woman band here so rarely chime in because (I apologize in advance) I read daily to learn yet have little time to help.  Unfair to all of you that I take yet I don't give.  I learn something new every day from each and every one of you.

I've done taxes since 1987.  I remember peeling the label off and sticking it to the blue form at the kitchen table.   I went computerized with a software called Pencil Pushers and I loved it but it went away.   Then I turned to Lacerte.  Too expensive so I switched to ATX which led me here.

The debacle of 2011 sent me back to Lacerte but I'm grateful my short time using ATX introduced me to this incredible group of people. 

I lost my partner in 2018.  Not my business partner but the man I simply adored so 2019 season  was a shit show.  Sorry if I'm not supposed to say shit. I work from home.  Every single day people came in and asked "where's Eric?"   I had to say "dead."

2020 was business as usual until it wasn't.

2021 has been the worst I've seen in 33 years.   No one in my office.  Meeting in the driveway.  I won't even list the insanity of the government because I've been here daily.   I know you know.   

I guess this post is to simply say thank you for getting me through another year.  Thank you for sharing your knowledge.  Your struggles.  Most of the time you were helping others but you were also making me feel less alone.

Going forward?   I'm probably downsizing because I'm old and I'm tired and I'm furious to have done such hard work for so many years only to have them make my life and my job harder.   

I wish all of you a week on the beach with your family.  Or the mountains. Or wherever.

Most of all - I thank you.   From an old woman in upstate NY who's been doing taxes way too long and still trying to do her best.

My sincerest thanks

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

I came here to post a "WE MADE IT - THANK YOU ALL" note and there's nothing more to add.  You may not post often, @Patti in Upstate NY, but when you do, it's spectacular.  Thanks for being a lurker/rare-poster here.

As for the rest of you - I cannot begin to say how grateful I am for each and every one of you.  And - WE MADE IT!!!  By the skin of our teeth, but we made it.  Praise God.  By this time next year, there will be a little more room - from settling, of course - in RitaB's back 40, too, so we can do it all again.

Taking a few days to recover and we will y'all here for extension season.  And, of course, to report on the new grandbaby once s/he deigns to appear.  My poor daughter is SO ready.

• Like 6

Yes have to agree after 44 years. Special thank you to Eric to keep this board open and running and Judy for watching our tone. Yeah we made it but at what cost. Everybody take a break. Extensions will keep most of busy when we don't wanna be. Me for one.

• Like 6

Patti, thank you for posting such a heartfelt message.  Many, probably most, of us here have similar feelings and experiences, even some losses.  We try to support everyone in the good times but especially in the hard times.  Even if you don't post often, feel free to always keep lurking and do chime in sometimes. 

Some of us have had the great opportunity to meet in person and loved it.  Perhaps you will have that available to you somehow.  If not, we are here, many of us year round.  Keep in touch.

• Like 1