ATX Community

N/T but wonderful - I'm a grandma!!!

Catherine

I'm so happy for you all.  Especially since I will not have the opportunity to be a grandparent.  Disappointing for sure, but my son's life is not under my direction any longer.  So I get to vicariously love and appreciate all the little ones that come into my life near and far.  Hoping to get back to MA next year so maybe I can meet you again and watch you be the best grandmother ever, Catherine.  Feel free to send any pictures to me at any time via PM.

• Like 4

god bless you margaret cpa

blood line inheritance is a compelling attraction

still as you reference, positively influencing another blood line can do more social/cultural/genetic good than direct blood lines

as a general cliché: blood is thicker than water...but often just barely and sometimes not at all 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, SCL said:

still as you reference, positively influencing another blood line can do more social/cultural/genetic good than direct blood lines

Very interesting thought.  The thought never really occurred to me, as I'm someone who has no kids.   I do have a number of friends' kids who look to me for guidance in a number of different matters, usually financial but there has always been tangents to health and some social issues.  I've gotten close to some of them and actually named one as my executor.  I always say, I know a lot of good kids, now they're in their 30s and 40s, and would like to think I had something to do with their successes.

Catherine has a wonderful life ahead as she watches little Cordelia Rose grow into a fine person.    And Cordelia is fortunate to have a terrific grandmother.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

CATHERINE: Welcome to the Grandma Club, one of the most fun clubs around !! Your daughter and granddaughter are glowing. Did you squeeze Cordelia's cute cheeks?!

We spent Saturday morning with my stepdaughter, SIL, and almost-two-year-old grandson Everett on his first visit to an aquarium. He was fascinated. If he saw lettuce for the turtles or anything that might be fish food, he'd point to a fish and say, "Eat your dinner!"

MARGARET: I'll share Everett plus my two granddaughters with you any time. PM me your cell, and I'll send pictures from this proud Nana. Or meet us in PA when we visit the girls who live at The Inn at Starlight Lake.

• Like 5

How gracious of her to wait until after tax season :)

I have one daughter who will be 34 soon and has no intention of marrying nor bearing children.  A part of me is proud of her for bucking the norm but another secret part of me would simply adore a grandchild.

Maybe that's why I'll stay in business.  A client here today with her 2 yr old grandbaby who blew me kisses.   They drove away and I have nothing to worry about and nothing to pay for and no need to update my will.

Congrats Catherine.   She's breathtaking.   Spoil her rotten then give her back :)

• Like 5

Congratulations, Catherine! She is beautiful! We have 5 grandkids from my step-children raning from 15 to 1. We are very blessed. My 10 year old grandson is so excited to have tax season over so that he and I can spend a day together. Andrew and Katie are hoping that we will move to Colorado in a few years so that we can be closer to them and the children that they hope to have. I am already making plans. It's so expensive to move there, but we will have to really downsize. He's already picked out what he hopes will be our neighborhood. 

• Like 5