ATX Community

NT- Website won't go away

Corduroy Frog

This is for those of you who know computerese better than I do.  (This means practically ALL of you).

When I open any website on Foxfire and then leave it, another screen is left open.  It is a combination of Orbitz/Expedia/Priceline/Kayak.  Asking me if I'm still wanting to make a trip to Norton, VA on May 28th.

I did in fact, make a trip to Norton, VA (bluegrassing) on May 28th - 30th, but I made reservations through Choice Motels and stayed at one of them in Norton.  The screen has been pestering me ever since.  I have to X out in the upper left to get rid of it, but every time I use Foxfire (like when I access this ATX site), that screen remains.

Question:  How do I get rid of it.  Right-clicking the options doesn't give an option to get rid of it.

Thanks in advance -

It may have installed an add-on in Firefox or some program on your computer. Look in your firefox add-ons first, then run a good uninstaller program to see if you can find it. Also I'd look in programs that start automatically.

I recently started playing around with Ultra Virus Killer and it has a lot of features to help in your quest.

You might want to also upgrade your internet security and/or antivirus, since it didn't block this adware from installing.

If all else fails, you can refresh your Firefox to create a new user profile.

Good luck!

Open Firefox, click on the three horizontal lines at the very top right corner, options, privacy & security, scroll down to "cookies and site data" and click "Clear Data".

Scroll down to "History", click on "Clear History", on the "Time range to clear" select "Everything" and make sure you check mark all 7 boxes and then click OK. Exit firefox and open it again.

• Like 1