ATX Community

refunds not received

Marie

I've also had a few inquiries from clients who have yet to receive refunds.  I have informed them the IRS is taking longer this year and also provided them with the link from the IRS website "Where is My Refund".  In some case, I have also provided the IRS phone number and instructed the client to give a call if it made them feel better.  It was a long season in so many ways. 

• Like 4

Same here, I have 4 that I know about.   I did call Priority line on one and it was due to an amended return that I filed about 2 weeks later, so taxpayer will probably get one refund once they figure it out.  Agent knew that was the reason.

• Like 1

holdups seem to be add'l child for stimulus, pyeic, filing as an independent child, being claimed as dependent in 2019, now claiming stimulus 

still, some of these people dependent on this refund, I work a low income community

I have one that was filed in mid-March and still no refund, and the practitioner priority said return was rejected for unknown reason and can't do a thing about it. It is one that was completed in February and waited to file until the IRS and our programs were updated for the unemployment exclusion.

It is the simplest of returns: single over 65, small W-2 and 1099-SSA each with withholding, $8K of unemployment totally excluded, std deduction, no RRC claimed. That is everything on the return, about $35K AGI, and agent said it could be up to another 2 months for the refund to be issued.

• Angry 2

2 hours ago, jklcpa said:

I have one that was filed in mid-March and still no refund, and the practitioner priority said return was rejected for unknown reason and can't do a thing about it. It is one that was completed in February and waited to file until the IRS and our programs were updated for the unemployment exclusion.

It is the simplest of returns: single over 65, small W-2 and 1099-SSA each with withholding, $8K of unemployment totally excluded, std deduction, no RRC claimed. That is everything on the return, about $35K AGI, and agent said it could be up to another 2 months for the refund to be issued.

Somethings just don't make any sense🤨

• Like 3

I have two who called me last week that they finally received their refunds. Filed about 20 February. Single, retired, over 65, SS, small pension w/withholding, standard deduction, received EIP1 & 2 so nothing on line 30 (IIRC), no unemployment. States sent refunds immediately. Luckily they were both pretty patient. One contacted me once and then waited. The other contacted me via email multiple times, but understood that I couldn't do anything; he just wanted reassurance.

• Like 4

There's little sense in calling the IRS for late refunds, as long as the 'where's my refund' page says processing. MD has not processed my refund yet. It usually takes days but my return included the new 502LU form introduced mid-tax season, so I suspect they're giving extra scrutiny to any returns with the LU. Either that or they're programming for accepting LU forms was flawed.

• Like 2