ATX Community

ATX Community Upgrade

Eric

Alright, so I'm sure many of you have noticed some changes.  For a few brief moments, everyone had little badges next to their avatar/photo but I've disabled the feature for now.

The new version of the forum software introduced a new Points/Rank/Achievement/Badge system that's more complex than the previous system that gave points/ranks entirely based on the number of posts you've created.

When I get some extra time, I plan to take a closer look, so some of those badges may return later(?)

If anyone specifically dislikes any of the new features, this is the place to discuss it!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, mircpa said:

@Eric

How do I contribute ?

I believe we all should chip in whatever we can. Eric is providing such a wonderful service to our community

Thanks Eric

Where to find "donate" depends on the platform you are using to view the forum. If using the desktop version, there is a clickable "Donate" in the blue banner at the top of the home page.

Mobile versions use the hamburger at the top right as Lion described.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mircpa said:

@Eric

How do I contribute ?

I believe we all should chip in whatever we can. Eric is providing such a wonderful service to our community

Thanks Eric

It looks like you figured it out. 🙂 Thank you.

And thank you to the rest as well!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Lion EA said:

Just went on this forum in IE and the same triple lines in the top right have the Donate link.

That's interesting! You've had problems with this site's appearance and postings before that no one else had and that seemed specific to your machine. These are questions that I can't answer that Eric would have to address. Perhaps there are settings in our individual browsers that the site uses to format its appearance on our individual machines.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JohnH said:

My Mac has a blue stripe at the top with the words " Browse  Activity   Leaderboard. Donate".  and then a search box at the far right.

In Windows, I normally see what JohnH and jklcpa describe, but when I reduce the width of the browser window below a certain point, the top area and blue stripe completely changes, and I see the hamburger as Lion EA describes.

It also changes based on your magnification level (when use use Ctrl+ and Ctrl- to change magnification).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The site is responsive, so depending on magnification and screen width (or browser window width if not full screen), the design of the site adjusts to accommodate whatever you've got going on.  From a significantly magnified desktop monitor, to a small laptop, to a tablet, down to a phone in portrait orientation.

It will not adjust to accommodate Internet Explorer, however.  The browser's been discontinued everyone should be switching to Edge.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

That explains it. I have three monitors. One of the three is horizontal and has my email open on the right half and Chrome on the left half. I have Chrome set up to open with six tabs, one of which is my message boards with ATX as the default.

(My other two monitors are vertical with one defaulting to tax prep data entry and the other to tax prep government forms, so I can mix and match or open a worksheet for a form or...)

I also have Edge, but had not opened this community in Edge, so couldn't check it as quickly as IE. I kept IE around because I had to use it for most IRS things until more recently. A couple of computers ago, I used Firefox for everything not IRS, but don't FireFox it on this computer. I like the FireFox logo!

My old Windows 7 laptop with a large, horizontal screen uses IE. This community appears identical on that old laptop and on this newish desktop.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Abby Normal said:

I don't see a shield

Right now there's a little shield in a small blue circle at the 2 o'clock position on the edge of Eric's and my avatars. I wasn't on here enough to see if there were more shields immediately after the upgrade that Eric may have disabled, but I believe that is what he was referring to.