ATX Community

Was unable to log in

Max W

Of course I am logged in now, but I had a heck of a time doing it.  I was unable to reach the login page but  kept getting a web page and click a button and I would be sent an email from which I could confirm my email address, but after about 12 times, I never received the promised email that was to be sent to me.  

I had to delete all the cookies and then was able to reach the log in page. If I tried to log in as MAX W, I got the web page about the email confirmation.    The Next time, I logged in as MAXW under NEW and that worked, but had to use a different email address.

I would like to reset the old user name, if possible.

TY

• 3 weeks later...

I have had what i think is the same problem a couple of times.  I get a text page that says something like error - unable to to log in at this time.  Then there is a button  to try again.  Sometimes that works, sometimes I need to go all the way out and come back to the page.  Nuisance, but I always get in eventually. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Lion EA said:

I keep getting a page of short lines in a skinny column on the left. When I find a log-in box among the gobbledy-gook and add my log-in info, it takes me to a page that tells me: SOMETHING WENT WRONG. CONTACT US.

Exactly the same thing I have been seeing for about a week now!

• Like 1

I have talked to Max W about his issue--he was trying to do a password reset I believe but wasn't able to receive any emails from the site.  I think that was more of an email system issue, probably related to an overzealous spam filter on the provider end of things.  

These other problems are unrelated.   The server experienced a period of extremely high load earlier today, and I suspect the login issues were related.  I'm making sure there aren't any lasting issues as a result, so please let me know if any of the login problems persist.

• Like 1

I swore that I responded earlier.

I was getting that 2S119/1 error in the back end of the site.  I cleared/rebuilt the software's template cache and those errors went away.  Hopefully they went away on the front end of the site as well.

So far, so good it seems

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Eric said:

I swore that I responded earlier.

I was getting that 2S119/1 error in the back end of the site.  I cleared/rebuilt the software's template cache and those errors went away.  Hopefully they went away on the front end of the site as well.

So far, so good it seems

I see your response!

I cleared cache & history on my tablet earlier this evening and had NO TROUBLE logging in again.  

Thank you, Eric.

On 8/3/2021 at 11:39 PM, jklcpa said:

I see your response!

I cleared cache & history on my tablet earlier this evening and had NO TROUBLE logging in again.  

Thank you, Eric.

Well, now I see it too.  I'll delete it.  You're very welcome!

I host websites for a number of municipalities, banks, and hospitals, and they all seem to be common targets for brute force attacks, which can cause very high server load when multiple are ongoing simultaneously.  I'm working on mitigating those attacks, because I feel like these issues crop up on this website when the server bogs down due to the load.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nope, not this site, but other sites on the server can affect the entire server when the load becomes high enough.

I'm not at all worried about the security of any of the sites--the passwords are strong for all administrator accounts... but it does take processing power to evaluate and deal with each password request. 

I am considering purchasing service from Cloudflare to handle all of that nonsense, but I'm still researching my options.

• Like 2