ATX Community

GOOD NEWS!

BLACK BART

No, no; I'm not tryin' to proselytize you or hand out Witness phamplets; I saw a Help Wanted KFC sign yesterday which may appeal to those of us who are sick/tired/fed up (I'm in there somewhere) translating taxes for the terminally obtuse.  It offers $15-20 an hour (possible manager training for those who can tell the difference between Original and Extra Crispy), 401-K, full health insurance + dental & vision, two weeks paid vacation, and fast-tracking for the skilled employee (if only I'd played basketball instead of majoring in business; accurate burger-flipping is probably a plus). Yes, yes, it's cheap pay, but think of the enticing attraction - soothing that wrung-out, worn-out brain of yours with a desperately needed island-class rest. 

The only thing you must really know is not PPP ins-and-outs, back-door Roths, or tracking CTC advances, but merely this (50% errors are tolerated): "Did that guy say with cheese or without?"

• Like 4
  • Haha 9

On 9/23/2021 at 9:02 PM, WITAXLADY said:

Dear Possi - can I "talk" to you about how you sold your business?

I'm curious too. If you can't give 'em the details about your clients (name, address, fee, favorite ice cream flavor) and you may not wanna stick around as an advisor; then what do you have to "sell" them except gross sales and X number of C/E/F etc. (which isn't particularly valuable)? I don't know how this works.

18 hours ago, BLACK BART said:

If you can't give 'em the details about your clients

For the purpose of due diligence by a purchaser of a tax practice, under sec 7216(n) the seller is allowed to disclose names, addresses, emails, phone numbers, the tax form and entity classification of the clients. 

You may find the following blog helpful in this regard: https://www.johnrdundon.com/irc-7216-disclosures-issues-to-consider-when-selling-your-practice-start-with-a-tight-nda/

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, jasdlm said:

I want to be a barista.  I make excellent espresso drinks if I do say so myself.  If any of you pass through KS, let me know ... I'll deliver carside ;)!

1. Now here's a waiter (beg pardon, I mean bar-easta or however you say it) with direction and a goal (cain't say the same cause I'm still hackin' at various gigs 50 years later).  Good information jsd, but '84 was my last time through Dodge so don't wait up. Can customers  maybe express themselves with an excellent Slurpee?  Coffee at a dollar was okay but $5 a cup seems a bit much.
  2. P. S. First guy I ever saw who's further off-topic than me.
  • Like 1

A cousin who was a programmer for her career is now a volunteer at a cat shelter in retirement.

Hubby who taught middle school music (including the performing choruses) for 37 years wanted to be a Trader Joe's cashier, because they always look like they're enjoying themselves. He continued as a part-time music director at our church (where we met) so didn't rush to Trader Joe's. After a few years away from middle school kids, a local music school asked him to teach piano. He teaches kids and adults, mostly FaceTime over the last two years, and enjoys his students who are taking lessons because they want to.

I probably will prepare taxes until I cannot function in any other job!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BLACK BART said:
  1. Now here's a waiter (beg pardon, I mean bar-easta or however you say it) with direction and a goal (cain't say the same cause I'm still hackin' at various gigs 50 years later).  Good information jsd, but '84 was my last time through Dodge so don't wait up. Can customers  maybe express themselves with an excellent Slurpee?  Coffee at a dollar was okay but $5 a cup seems a bit much.
  2. P. S. First guy I ever saw who's further off-topic than me.

First Gal ;).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Lion EA said:

A cousin who was a programmer for her career is now a volunteer at a cat shelter in retirement.

Hubby who taught middle school music (including the performing choruses) for 37 years wanted to be a Trader Joe's cashier, because they always look like they're enjoying themselves. He continued as a part-time music director at our church (where we met) so didn't rush to Trader Joe's. After a few years away from middle school kids, a local music school asked him to teach piano. He teaches kids and adults, mostly FaceTime over the last two years, and enjoys his students who are taking lessons because they want to.

I probably will prepare taxes until I cannot function in any other job!

Old accountants never retire. They just become unbalanced. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 9/28/2021 at 12:27 PM, Abby Normal said:

I could see myself working in a cool coffee shop (no chains!) in later life. I wouldn't mind doing some roasting of the beans, too. Or maybe a brewery or distillery. Or an animal shelter. All things I have an affection for. 😉

I could see myself as a regular customer at the cool coffee shop, just talking with anybody and everybody about whatever comes up.  But not working.  Ha.

• Like 2