ATX Community

Chrome Browser

Lee B

I discovered that I do have it set to update. But there was a message that it needed to finish, telling me to reload Chrome. I was a bit surprised, because I exit Chrome each night and reload every morning. The update must've started today and was waiting for my next relaunch. All good now.

• Like 1

I do have Chrome for Android on both my tablet and my phone, and both of those are still on ver *.61 with the notation as being up-to-date.

Has anyone read about or seen a more recent version for mobile applications? 

ETA - never mind, that is the most recent version available for Android. 

Edited by jklcpa

On 10/4/2021 at 6:36 AM, jklcpa said:

I, too, had to start the update manually and was then prompted to restart the browser to finish the install.  I find Chrome to be slower and so only use it for a few sites that won't work on Firefox.

Me too! Currently only my bank accounts at my credit union & the NV Board of Accountancy.  I don’t like all the snooping I’ve read about Chrome doing.

19 hours ago, cbslee said:

Well, since my last tax return's efile was acknowledged on the 6th, I can let it rip.😃

Go ahead, rub it in, see if we care!  (I think all of mine, that are going to be done before the deadline, have been submitted.  There are always the one or two who won't send me back sig docs - and in a couple of cases, outstanding data docs - for weeks yet. That's on them, not me.)

Guess it's time to break out the work on the longtime nonfilers again. Whee!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Another unscheduled update.  Several different tech articles that I have read, say that there has been an unprecedented increase in attacks

on all of the major browsers.  So which ever browser that you use, check regularly to make sure it's up to date.😡

Chrome is up to date

Version 96.0.4664.45 (Official Build) (64-bit

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I did have to use Chrome once to access E-services when IE no longer was accepted.  But I forgot last week and used FF.  It worked perfectly!  I haven't had to use EFTPS for some time, thankfully.  All this stuff is such a pain.  Every time something like this comes up, I inch ever closer to Buh Bye.  License expires end of 2022, two clients have bid adieu (although I had 6 new ones for 2021!), so all is tempting.  I have said for some time that I work to go on exotic dive trips - HAH!  Not a good excuse these days.