ATX Community

Chrome Browser

Lee B

I used the Mozilla Suite (I came to it through using Netscape). When they brought out Firefox I downloaded it and have been using it since it debuted.  I've used it with EFTPS every month since then without a problem. I have my EFTPS form telling me I signed up in 2002.

I use one called The SeaMonkey Project for some things - wouldn't recommend it but it's really a spinoff open source Firefox.

I use Edge for some work sites I'm required to have a citrix certificate to access.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jklcpa said:

I have 3 sites that don't work with Firefox and have been using Chrome for EFTPS, an online pharmacy for husband and mom, and for my own Vanguard accounts.  What is everyone using to access EFTPS?  MS Edge?

Vanguard works on Firefox for my accounts.

Thanks for those that mentioned Firefox working with Vanguard and EFTPS.  I checked both and you all are correct that those sites do work with it.  I believe my problem with Vanguard may have been caused by an old bookmark.  That leaves only the online pharmacy to deal with, and I'll switch that over to MS Edge because the site on Firefox doesn't have a link to pay the part D premiums.

• Like 1

Sometimes, sites have a problem with Firefox when you have certain ad ons like an ad blocker or pop-up blocker. I think my biggest with any browser is the pop-up blocker. Sites will have a "click on this" acceptance box and the browser will block it and thus the entire website.

I log into a University library and oddly, only Internet Explorer works. Literally nothing will open unless you open with IE and EDGE must be using IE Mode. The biggest oddity I've seen with Windows 11 is that you tell Edge to use IE Mode on a website (you have to physically add it to a list) and then every time you visit the site it gives you a warning that you are using ID Mode. Duh? I find that stuff just frustratingly dumb.

• Like 1

"Microsoft has decided to block the popular third-party app EdgeDeflector on Windows 11. The app helps users open links on browsers such as Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. With the new move, Microsoft will now force Windows 11 users to open URLs from Start menu and Widgets panel search results only on Edge browser. EdgeDeflector developer Daniel Aleksandersen criticised the blocking by saying the company appears to be prioritising “advertisement, bundleware, and service subscriptions” over user' productivity, as per a blog post"

• Thumbs Down 1
  • Angry 1

3 hours ago, jklcpa said:

I do that every night.  Clear the cache, cookies, and the history.

And here I am dreading actually having to close all of the gazillion open tabs across multiple windows to allow my browser to update.

1 hour ago, cbslee said:

"Microsoft has decided to block the popular third-party app EdgeDeflector on Windows 11. The app helps users open links on browsers such as Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. With the new move, Microsoft will now force Windows 11 users to open URLs from Start menu and Widgets panel search results only on Edge browser. EdgeDeflector developer Daniel Aleksandersen criticised the blocking by saying the company appears to be prioritising “advertisement, bundleware, and service subscriptions” over user' productivity, as per a blog post"

Reminds me an awful lot of Windows 98, Internet Explorer, and a certain antitrust lawsuit.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, JRS said:

Same here and ccleaner.

I stopped using CCleaner because it was clearing all my settings in Firefox add-ons, which was terrible annoying. I set all my browsers to clear the cache when closing, but I don't clear cookies or site data because it makes logging in that much harder. But Firefox does have an 'Exception List' to save cookies you want, so once I've done that for my regular sites, I'll have FF delete cookies and site data on close, as well.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Sara EA said:

cbslee, can't you just make Firefox or one of the others your default browser?

Actually, I used Firefox for many years before I had repeated issues with Firefox and switched over to Chrome.

I don't like switching back and forth between browsers.

On 12/15/2021 at 1:02 PM, cbslee said:

Subsequent articles say that EdgeDeflector has been revised to get around the Microsoft block, which MS will probably block,

since Microsoft has stated that apps like EdgeDeflector are in violation of MS policies.

Also Microsoft is now blocking Firefox users from accessing microsoft.com and other associated domains

because Firefox has been in of violation of some Microsoft technical specifications since 2016.

• Angry 2