ATX Community

Server Errors

GLJEANNE

Bad enough the servers are down most of the day, though I can understand things happens. And of course it would kill them to actually let us know, and give an idea of when they'll be back up.

But must they have tech support lying to us, and acting all surprised that there are problems?

And now, as if all that's not enough, it's rejecting any return transmitted. Like we have nothing better to do than re-create every efile???

Arrgh. :mad:

Glad to know it's not just me! I was in the middle of transmitting extensions, half of them went and the other half did not, and I did not realize it was their problem until I sent them again and got the same response.

I had four go through; the middle one get rejected in bright red and the last ones just failed to transmit. Of course, we know that the traffic is heavy; but if it were not for this board we would all be stressing out worse than we are.

I had four go through; the middle one get rejected in bright red and the last ones just failed to transmit. Of course, we know that the traffic is heavy; but if it were not for this board we would all be stressing out worse than we are.

While it is true the traffic is heavy, it's been heavy in the past, but never have I experienced the problems we have been experiencing this late in the game! I hate to think what April 15th is going to be like.

Deb!

While it is true the traffic is heavy, it's been heavy in the past, but never have I experienced the problems we have been experiencing this late in the game! I hate to think what April 15th is going to be like.

Deb!

I just pulled this post off of that "other" board:

Since I could not find anything about this issue on the website, I thought I would perhaps save you a few minutes (or several) on the phone with ATX over the recent "Server Error" issue.

Here's what was explained to me...During recent server maintenance Servers at ATX were set to receive only mode meaning you could send e-files to ATX but they could not receive updated ACK info from the taxing authorities...As a results Acks are behind.

ATX has reallocated a large number of servers to updating outstanding ACKs and a smaller number of servers to receive e-files until the outstanding ACKS are updated.

Those of you getting a server error (myself included) are getting the equivalent of an Internet busy signal when you try to send e-files to ATX because most servers are being allocated to receiving outstanding ACKS from tax authorities at the moment....NOT receiving created e-files from software users

When that process is finished...you are supposed to be able to send and receive as normal per ATX...and no I have no idea how long that will be.

Hope this helps...

Gregster

I just pulled this post off of that "other" board:

Since I could not find anything about this issue on the website, I thought I would perhaps save you a few minutes (or several) on the phone with ATX over the recent "Server Error" issue.

Here's what was explained to me...During recent server maintenance Servers at ATX were set to receive only mode meaning you could send e-files to ATX but they could not receive updated ACK info from the taxing authorities...As a results Acks are behind.

ATX has reallocated a large number of servers to updating outstanding ACKs and a smaller number of servers to receive e-files until the outstanding ACKS are updated.

Those of you getting a server error (myself included) are getting the equivalent of an Internet busy signal when you try to send e-files to ATX because most servers are being allocated to receiving outstanding ACKS from tax authorities at the moment....NOT receiving created e-files from software users

When that process is finished...you are supposed to be able to send and receive as normal per ATX...and no I have no idea how long that will be.

Hope this helps...

Gregster

I guess the person(s) scheduling server maintenance were oblivious of the date?? It did say maintenance and not repair, so it could have been done late night? I am no longer surprised by CCH's choices of actions, but continue to be dissappointed at the truly senseless timing of their actions.

:spaz::lol::mad: :dunno:

That's what I like about this community. I kept getting error messages when trying to e-file so I checked over here and I find others having the same issue. Guess I'll try later tonight when the east coast is sleeping.

Martin in San Jose, CA

Mwaa-ha-ha-HAAA! I never sleep. TaxCPANY