ATX Community

NY e-File

Lion EA

From Wolters Kluwer/CCH:

State of New York 1040 Return Reject Code R0170 – UPDATED 10/06/2021 at 3:15PM EDT.

On 10/6/21 at 3:15 PM EST we received communications from the State of New York (NYS) with an updated status about eFile returns. Currently, NYS is not pulling e-file returns due to an issue with the SSNValidation Status between the NYS and the IRS. This issue results in rejected returns with a Reject code of R0170. We will update you as we receive new information from the State of New York or the IRS. Please hold these returns and do not re-submit them until we receive additional guidance.

My own NYS return is one of two that's been hanging for three days.  Initially, I received error the SSN didn't match IRS.   Well.  I know my own SSN and IRS accepted so bite me.   Called my software company who told me to re-submit both which I did.

I still have three I'm trying to finish and would really like them done this weekend just in case there's a delay.  My anxiety rises dramatically when I refresh and see REJECTED in red.

Said it before and I'll say it again.   Every single day makes me more determined to find a way to NOT do this anymore.   I'm not trying to pat myself on the back but I'm one of the good ones.   I get documentation.  I ask questions.  I fire people trying to lie.    But they're pushing me out with all this insanity.

• Like 3

We have received new updates on New York Rejection: R0170:

***Important Update - Posted 10/8/2021 3:37PM EDT*** We received communication from the State of New York (NYS) reporting a temporary fix which resolved the R0170 reject. According the NYS, you can now resume transmitting returns, and NYS will resume pulling from the IRS previously transmitted returns. Returns in Rejected status for R0170 can be re-uploaded and released without calculating. Returns already in Transmitted status will be acknowledged when NYS pulls the files and processes them.

Please refer to article for more updates: https://support.cch.com/kb/solution/000060402/000060402