ATX Community

?¿ ATX 2021's e-file shutdown date ?¿

jbelle

Has ATX announced this year's official e-file shutdown date?¿  My quick search = no info.  I want to use my time wisely.

After 47+ yrs in "Our profession" ~ I'm ready to 98% retire. I'll likely hit 50yrs. before being concerned with only my taxes.

Yes, I was @ my desk with a Pencil & ten key calculator Before  "Earned Income Credit" existed. 

Oh, the stories all of us could tell. 🤐  🤪

• Like 5

5 hours ago, cbslee said:

If ATX follows what they have done in prior years, they will announce after Veterans Day with a shutdown date for Form 1040 sometime in the week before Thanksgiving.

cbslee,  Thank you for confirming the approx. date I've had "mentally tattooed" for yrs. Time plans to retire is a pain & made me doubt my mental calendar.       

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, WITAXLADY said:

will 2019 stop Oct 15th?

NO.  Each filing season, we are able to e-file the current return and the prior 2 years, so up until the shutdown date we are able to e-file 2020, 2019, and 2018 tax year returns.  Then, after the IRS reopens for the next filing season, we will be able to e-file returns for tax years 2019, 2020, and 2021.

• Like 1