ATX Community

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you's...........

Elrod

Turkey lurkey doo and
Turkey lurkey dap
I eat that turkey
Then I take a nap

Turkey and sweet potato pie
Sammy Davis Jr.
Only had one eye

Turkey for the girls and
Turkey for the boys
My favorite kind of pants
Are corduroys (except on Thanksgiving when it's sweat pants!)

Gobble gobble goo and
Gobble gobble gickel
I wish turkey
Only cost a nickel

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

We had two Thanksgivings - one by ourselves and one with younger daughter & her family (older daughter was working on Friday and could not join us).  First one featured ribeye steaks and homemade sweet potato fries, with blueberry cake for dessert.  Second was smoked shoulder and green beans slow-cooked together, with cormbread and herbed baby potatoes, apple crisp for dessert.

Yum.

Hope all my friends here had a wonderful day (or days)!

🦃

• Like 8

I hope everyone enjoyed the holiday.

We had ribeyes on the grill and saved our bigger meal of a small turkey breast for today b/c my husband had just finished the latest of his most recent medical treatments on Wed, and we wanted to make sure he was feeling well enough to enjoy the turkey.

• Like 6

We had Thanksgiving dinner at my stepdaughter's with SIL and 2-year-old grandson Everett who requested I sit next to him and gobbled up his dinner. We then returned to the little inn where we stayed for a few days. We had no refrigerator there, so couldn't take any leftovers. But hubby planned ahead and ordered the Stew Leonard's Thanksgiving dinner for pick-up today, so we can eat turkey and stuffing and all the sides all this week.

My son and his wife live at her mother's inn in PA; DIL is the executive chef. She's been on her feet for over a week now. Usually she starts with "Bah Humbug" about the Thursday before Thanksgiving. This year she's been wishing everyone a "Thanksgiving" and if questioned, tells them she did NOT forget the "Happy." We don't visit them until the week between Christmas and New Year's when the inn empties out. We'll try to get the granddaughters on FaceTime.

• Like 6