ATX Community

IN LIKE FLYNN

BLACK BART

Ah-ha! Finally got in (or on).  Had moved (but still in AR) and lost password but finally unearthed it in all the junk (good advice: stay put if you're an old shoe 'cause it's a B.)  Anyhow, this dang thang wouldn't believe I'm me - kinda unnervin' to be reduced to a pixel in this tech age.  

Note to jklcpa - I sent a note last night to the "contact us" box in the sign-in place after I couldn't get in.  I assume you're buried in tax stuff and hadn't got to it yet, but was just curious to know if you did and would have responded (even if I'm a poor lawyer and made a weak plea).

Other Stuff: What are the tax ramifications of this?  Moved, but too old and decrepit to do it alone, so granddaughter and boyfriend flew in from Florida and did lots of the heavy liftin' (along with the furniture-movin' guys).  Gave 'em $1,000 for air fare & BNB's; she went back home and had Amazon send me a big box of "Bison Shepherd's Pie" and they all expire tomorrow (like that gal in Clueless", I felt brutally rebuffed - how'd you like to eat six chicken pot pies in a day?).  But, that aside, and since I'm (naturally) ignoring it, I wonder what erchess (a finicky poster from a mutual old board who would 1099 his mom) would do with this?  It's not a barter and it's taxable work, but since it's kinfolk, the question is answered (forget it).  Comments?

Nice to be back.  Where's everybody at?  FDNY - you out there?

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

We’ll it sounds like you had a few interesting days of non stop fun or lack of it.  But it sounds like you are getting it done.  Wish I was closer to lend a hand setting up and with my appetite and homemade wine to wash down that bison.  Good luck in your new place.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, BLACK BART said:

the question is answered (forget it).

I don't see any tax ramifications in your situation.  Sounds like you reimbursed your kinfolk for travel and lodging; maybe threw in some extra to express your gratitude for helping you out.

They in return gifted you the pot pie for what ever reason.

Unless I am overlooking something I say forget it.

Glad you made it back to the forum!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, BLACK BART said:

I assume you're buried in tax stuff

Haha, nope!  I am ignoring all things tax and the pile of cr@p covering my desk at the moment. I'm doing my usual lack of Christmas planning and decorating, and am struggling with decisions on what to get everyone as gifts.  🎁 🎄 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1