ATX Community

How hard is it to move?

Margaret CPA in OH

3 minutes ago, jklcpa said:

I think of everyone as still being the ages from years ago when the forum was started.

And we think of ourselves as being a much younger age, at least in our minds.  I enjoy watching reruns of old shows and movies from the 50s and 60s especially set in NYC for memories of the way it was and how cool it is to see the old cars, trains, and buses with people dressed up going to work and out to eat.  Now watching Mad Men while a recreation of the times but very well done.  Today all the men acting that way would get a firm talking to by a judge.  Times change, and it really happens fast.

• Like 2

My office is a spare bedroom converted to an office. So, like you, not only do I never leave my office, I never leave my house.

I tend to think of myself as the age I was when I dated and then married my current husband, so nor more than 47.

I'm pretty sure there were no reruns with I was young. We didn't have a TV until I was in school. It was black & white, and we got about three channels in the Chicago area.

• Like 5

18 hours ago, FDNY said:

Times change, and it really happens fast.

I guess I am young compared to a lot of you.   But I do remember being "shocked" when Jane Curtain called Gilda Radner's Rosana Rosana Dana a "bitch" on Saturday Night Live weekend update skit.   I could not believe they would let that air at the time.   Now it is nothing to hear that language all over TV.

Tom
Longview, TX

• Like 5

On 1/8/2022 at 5:51 PM, Lion EA said:

My office is a spare bedroom converted to an office. So, like you, not only do I never leave my office, I never leave my house.

I tend to think of myself as the age I was when I dated and then married my current husband, so nor more than 47.

I'm pretty sure there were no reruns with I was young. We didn't have a TV until I was in school. It was black & white, and we got about three channels in the Chicago area.

I started in the basement; then in a spare bedroom when my son moved out.  A few years back, I had an addition 12 x 16 added to the spare bedroom.  Still not enough room, but I am not going any larger.  I, too, think of myself as the same age as when I started in the basement with returns for relatives and a few friends.  I had purchased my first computer and found an awesome program, Parsons Technology, which was later eaten up by Intuit.  A lot happens in what seems like a few years which in reality turn into 30 years.  I always worked an outside job at the same time until about 5 years ago.  We didn't have a TV until I was in High School and the only channel we got was snowflakes.  We got a telephone about then too.  It sounds corny, but at least I feel that I have done something with my life.  I will be married 62 years in a few months.  Have no idea where those years went either; but I do have two precious great-Grandchildren.  I'm not quitting yet unless it's not by choice.

• Like 3

Maybe part of why you think I’m so young is that I still have the same photo up as when the site was started!  
we didn’t have a big TV until I went to college, but we did have several 13” black & white TVs by the time I left. I don’t remember the Beatles on Ed Sullivan, but do remember Guilda Radner on SNL.

• Like 5