ATX Community

Merry Christmas to all you fine folks........

Elrod

Merry Christmas, everyone!

My project for today that I wish I could share with you all are my family's favorite cookies: pressed almond flavored butter cookies that are light, airy, melt in the mouth goodness.   Next up will be either chocolate chip or possibly ones with white chocolate chunks, cranberries, and pecans...  right after a cup of coffee with a couple of these.

• Like 10

21 minutes ago, Margaret CPA in OH said:

Thanks for that memory, Judy!  I inherited my mother's cookie thingy but haven't use it in years.  I remember so well the different shapes we had and, of course, the yummy cookies.  Okay, I have to go find it now and bake!  Special Merry Christmas to you as you have just made mine special.

Margaret, yes, indeed a fond memory for me too!  The recipe, press, and the cookie sheets are my mom's that I borrowed, and all of it is older than I am. None of the newer devices work as well.  Starting probably when I was a teenager, mom would mix the dough and I would press them out. My mom is 95 now and still living on her own with a lot of help from me, but the cookie duty is all mine now.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, jklcpa said:

Merry Christmas, everyone!

My project for today that I wish I could share with you all are my family's favorite cookies: pressed almond flavored butter cookies that are light, airy, melt in the mouth goodness.   Next up will be either chocolate chip or possibly ones with white chocolate chunks, cranberries, and pecans...  right after a cup of coffee with a couple of these.

Yeah... Sure.... I could be a yummy cookie maker too if I had one of them there fancy cookie squirters...t7215.gif

• Like 4
  • Haha 7