ATX Community

Renewing software online

Vicky1

24 minutes ago, Vicky1 said:

thanks for the help

I detect a bit of sarcasm in your response. Unfortunately for all of us, phone support at many places is at an all time worst.

I don't use ATX any more, I switched to Drake,so I all I can suggest is keep trying.

They used to mail out renewal forms, which could be signed and faxed back. Don't know whether they do that any more?

On 1/4/2022 at 9:52 AM, Vicky1 said:

Is anyone else having issues renewing software online? Keep getting message I have to call.  Never anyone available when I call

Try 1-800-638-8291.  That's ATX and they're there.  Hold time was ten minutes for my recent renewal.  The down side of that is it's ATX which makes some lips here curl.  But, I like it, have used it 15 years, it's forms-based, and I'd rather be tarred & feathered than switch software (caveat: support's just...ah, well, I don't wanna talk about it).

The hesitation to answer is not that we're unfriendly (I, for instance, am only slightly irked since Time magazine passed me over -again- for Man of the Year).  But, this is a board for professional tax preparers and your post has the tone and timing (3 posts total-January) of a do-it-yourself newbie.  Of course DIY's fine if you wanna do it, but (how to put it?) there's nothing in it for us.  

Good luck.  BB

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Vicky1 said:

thanks for the help

Gee, you've certainly been a member of this group for long enough that you should know that we are a generous group and it's rare that any post goes unanswered here, and it's also a slow time when many of our regulars aren't back yet.  Perhaps the lack of instantaneous help was also because it took some time for members to find time in their own busy schedules to visit the site and respond. Please remember that this is not the official ATX forum.

• Like 4

On 1/4/2022 at 9:52 AM, Vicky1 said:

Is anyone else having issues renewing software online? Keep getting message I have to call.  Never anyone available when I call

I have used ATX since 1998 when it was Saber.  I first saw your post today.  I have a direct line to my rep who calls and emails me several times a year.  Here is her number, try it and be nice.  678-797-6928

• Like 4

I too used Saber back in the day.  When I converted to computer prepared returns I think. Normally with ATX I renew in May online and if any issues arise I try dealing with tech support. I've looked at other programs over the years but stayed put as using ATX is for me simple and since I know what forms are needed for a given return it's time efficient. Sorta miss that roar when the program boots up though. 😄

• Like 3