ATX Community

Secured portal recommendation

ILLMAS

On 1/5/2022 at 5:46 PM, Lynn EA USTCP in Louisiana said:

As a perk of being a member of NAEA, and NCPE Fellowship, I have access to Verifyle Pro, an encrypted secure document sharing platform.  AFAIK it is very user friendly.

PS - Other organizations may also offer it as a perk of membership.

Hi Lynn, do you still put Password on your PDF is you use verifyle? 

4 hours ago, Lynn EA USTCP in Louisiana said:

I do not.

Thank you, Lynn for sharing your experience!   I just signed up Verifyle and I like it for its user friendly.   Because a lot times, clients dont like we put password on PDF, but to secure the data, I have to.  Now, I found a solution.  Thank you!

• Like 1

I have a secure portal that comes with my web site, but I also use Verifyle for e-signatures, and that is also a secure way to send information.  I very much like that this year you can set up a document for two signatures; last year it was very clunky since it had to be done manually. 

NAEA gets you free access, yes, but the $9/month subscription is much less money than NAEA membership.  I've let that lapse, as the only benefit I've had from my membership for some years has been last year's Verifyle access.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Margaret CPA in OH said:

When you prepare the document for the client to sign, you highlight the signature line and highlight the date line and can even choose the date format.  It is automatic if you highlight that field.

Thank you, I see it now, I am glad I asked.

• Like 2

I find Verifyle pretty easy to use especially now that there can more easily be two signatures as on a joint return.  It took a while for me to get the Workspace feature with threads, say for each year, and inviting contacts to that Workspace and thread.  Fortunately the support (no calls, just email) is excellent and very willing to explain things more than once and in more than one way and maybe even give a call (ask me how I know!) if truly needed.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Margaret CPA in OH said:

I find Verifyle pretty easy to use especially now that there can more easily be two signatures as on a joint return.  It took a while for me to get the Workspace feature with threads, say for each year, and inviting contacts to that Workspace and thread.  Fortunately the support (no calls, just email) is excellent and very willing to explain things more than once and in more than one way and maybe even give a call (ask me how I know!) if truly needed.

That will be my next step to learn, right now I am just using it to send out 941/W2 packages but I will be using for efile.

Thanks

• Like 2