ATX Community

Rollover Not Working - Locked out of all years

JSC CPA

First, thanks to all who helped me with my 2 Factor Authentication Issue (especially Abby Normal). It only took 1 week and dozens of calls to get lucky. Now my Rollover returns cannot be found and I can no longer log into ATX 2020, ATX 2019...

I survived the 2012 ATX FIasco, but think next year I am out. I am a one man shop and dont have an IT department needed to run the unstable ATX product. I am a stand alone install and apparently the servers are screwed up. Any ideas? 

Thanks!

• Like 1

For ATX to work, all the server services must be running. To check that, bring up Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc or Alt+Ctrl+Del), go to the Services tab and look for the ATX Server services and start them if they're stopped (right click).

You'll have to be more specific about not being able to log into 2020 & 2019.

• Like 3

Not sure if it's the same problem but last year, I got a new computer.  I had downloaded the software on my old computer, then later on my new computer.  I'm not sure what happened but the tech rep had to walk me thru to rename the old Server file 'old' and start a new Server file.  Either way, this will require a phone call as joanmcq said.  I definitely wouldn't try this on my own.

On 1/15/2022 at 8:45 AM, JSC CPA said:

I survived the 2012 ATX FIasco, but think next year I am out. I am a one man shop and dont have an IT department needed to run the unstable ATX product. I am a stand alone install and apparently the servers are screwed up. Any ideas? 

I'm a one man shop too and don't have an IT department.  And I'm no techie.  But I've found ATX to be quite good for me.  There have been several times I've had to call but not too often.

• Like 3