ATX Community

Virtual fundraising event (donor benefit?)

ILLMAS

A non-profit held a virtual fundraising event last year and we are trying to figure if there was a benefit to the people who paid the suggested fee, the organization had a live singer, poet and a speaker, no food or drinks were provided, do you think there was a benefit?

Thanks

I make a donation to OPB every year and I usually choose to receive a CD which is usually an expanded version of a program previously broadcast on PBS.

I have noticed that the CD usually has a value of $19.95 placed on it.

What if instead of mailing me a CD, they emailed me a link to what was previously sent out on a CD. Does that still have a value of $ 19.95?

Does the link include a password?  Or can anyone who finds the link watch the program for free?  Are people willing to pay to get the password to watch the programming?  I do believe that intellectual property such as poetry, music, programming, etc has a value. Are comparable items available for sale and at what price?

Does it have a FMV?  What would a willing buyer pay a willing seller, neither of them being under any constraint to buy or sell?  

• Like 1