ATX Community

MN Schedule PTE

JackieCPA

So - ATX isn't going to have the MN Revenue Schedule PTE available at all. They also said there isn't going to be any electronic attachment availability for MN returns for passthrough entities. 

Do you think I should mail the Schedule PTE by mail and e-file the rest of the return?

This is going to be a lot of returns to physically calculate that form as most of my clients want to do the pass-through entity tax/credit. 

Actually, that was one of the reasons I left ATX was that they were very slow to release state forms for smaller states.

The last 2 or 3 years that  I used ATX, the Oregon business entity returns weren't available until late in the third week or the fourth week of February.

Some of the smaller states like MT or HI didn't receive all their forms until the end of February or the first week of March.

At that point you're half way thru tax season.

Years ago, filing for my kids in PA with income from NY, I had to first e-file federal/PA/NY NR and then within some short time frame (48 hours?) had to fax the NY NR return to PA. Of course, their fax machines were constantly busy. It was a PA thing. Eventually, that stopped.

Well, ATX has officially confirmed that they will not be having this form or allowing for MN e-file attachments on pass-through entity returns. I talked to our State and they said to paper file all of the returns (that is not happening). So I decided to paper file the schedule PTE and e-file the rest of the return and hopefully nothing bad will happen because of it :)