ATX Community

NICE NICE NICE. IRS is doing very well on this Department

Pacun

In the past, when the client didn't consolidate ACA Premium Tax Credit, the client got a long letter stating not to amend and to fax the form received from the Exchange along with form 8962 Premium Tax Credit. 

This year, there is flag for those people and when the software detects the lack of form 8962, efile rejects. MUCH better than the client receiving a letter and having his/her/their refund delayed.

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, kathyc2 said:

Am I understanding you to say that before the IRS accepts the efile, they check to see if any SSN's on return have been issued a 1095A?

I would say yes.  Not sure what it checks but it is accurate. 

To be honest, one of the returns was rejected before the 1095A was issued. So, I guess each month the IRS gets an entry stating that such and such social security number is getting money from the government to cover for ACA.

• Like 2

Anyone know how the IRS is doing in this department:  The second stimulus payment for 2020 was authorized so late that IRS didn't have the time/staffing to program its computers to verify the amount paid.  The result was that all returns that claimed the rebate recovery credit had to be (and still are being) manually reviewed, resulting in long delays for refunds.  The 2021 stimulus began in May, so hopefully that gave the agency lots of time to set up its computers to match the amount it paid taxpayers with the amount reported on their return.  Are returns claiming the recovery credit going to be processed quicker this year, or are we still with manual review?