ATX Community

CA Sch CA(540) 2021 form

anatx

Hello everyone.

I'm using ATX and still waiting for the CA Sch CA (540) 2021 form.  I called ATX support and they said they're not sure when the form will be available.  I heard that other software already has the form.  The form is also available from FTB. 

Is anyone else having this issue?

Best regards,

--An

Hi Tom.  I heard that Lacerte, ProSeries(same company) and TaxWise(same company with ATX) have the form for over a week now.  

For FTB forms, you can go to ftb.ca.gov/forms/Search, enter 2021, and Schedule CA to display the form.  Click on the 540 Schedule CA and enter your email address.  The system will send you the form right away.

ATX support sent me an email stating that this form will be released on Feb23(this update is also shown inside ATX form release).   That's a 4-week delay.  I've asked them to at least release a draft form.  Let see if they can do anything between now and 2/23.  I don't think I can afford this to happen again next year.

30 minutes ago, anatx said:

ATX support sent me an email stating that this form will be released on Feb23(this update is also shown inside ATX form release).   That's a 4-week delay.  I've asked them to at least release a draft form.  Let see if they can do anything between now and 2/23.  I don't think I can afford this to happen again next year.

19 minutes ago, BKG said:

Yes they are taking forever to release those forms this year. Clients are getting anxious.

It's not a new problem, it's one of the reasons I decided to leave ATX 4 years ago.

• Like 1

Spoke to ATX this morning the estimated approval time for the above form is February 23rd. Spoke to FTB. they said that the form is being used by other preparers using other software. This is an extremely important form in CA as it records all adjustments for CA from the Federal return esp.  Schedule A. And is necessary for those receiving Social Security and/or unemployment. ATX has put us behind and I am getting phone calls saying when will their returns be available.

• Like 1

It is ridiculous that they don't have a draft or the program doesn't say that it is needed.  if you don't realize it is not in the form it allows you to create the efile and efile the return.  It should at least stop you from creating the efile, or have a draft so we don't have to compute the number ourselves to give the client an approximate amount.  We pay a lot of money for this software to not allow us to get a proper number between now and February 23rd.  This is putting me way behind.