ATX Community

Return was accepted on 10-9-21 still show "Your tax return is still being processed"

weaverdoan

Hi everyone,

My client tax return was accepted on October 9, 2021 and it still shows "Your tax return is still being processed" on IRS refund status website. My client did not received any letter from the IRS to indicate there were anything wrong with the return. I don't know what to do to help my client. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

You might recommend to your client that they (not you!) call.  I've had two clients who called; one had their refund approved but not released and it took the phone call to release the hold so the IRS would actually send the check.  The other never got (or so they said) the "we need you to prove who you are" letter.  In both cases, the processing would never have proceeded without the calls.

But yeah, most of them are just cases of take the deli ticket and wait in line to order your half pound of roast beef.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...