ATX Community

Client Mailing Slip - Landscape

MDCPA

Most of my clients' mailing slips are printed in portrait; however, there are a few (much larger returns) that must be printed in landscape to be used in the larger mailing envelopes, etc.

I noticed that the "intelligent mail barcode" is smudging when printing. 

1. Anyone else with the issue?
  2. Is it a big deal?

I've attached files showing the portrait printing pefectly and the landscape is smudged.

Thanks for your help.Landscape Client Mailing Slip.pdfPortrait Client Mailing Slip.pdf

it's happening when I click on the client mail tab on the left.  The mail slip opens in the middle of the computer screen and that's where I see the (xxxxxx) 6-digit mail code instead of the bar code.  I'm not previewing to print anything, just viewing the tabs on the left.

4 hours ago, Abby Normal said:

The bar codes is just so the post office doesn't have to scan the address and add their own barcode. It's not required to mail something.

I know that but it’s a pita that now I am getting the following: (123456) instead of an actual barcode.  So I override that field on the client mail slip by deleting the six digit code.  Just a pain.  I did open a support case - expecting that call later this decade!

2 hours ago, MDCPA said:

I know that but it’s a pita that now I am getting the following: (123456) instead of an actual barcode.  So I override that field on the client mail slip by deleting the six digit code.  Just a pain.  I did open a support case - expecting that call later this decade!

Did you open a case so ATX knows about this?

Sounds like maybe the software uses a barcode font, which the software and/or the OS cannot find. The clue is the leading and trailing characters and the plain numbers in the middle. If this is the actual problem, reinstalling the software - which should also reinstall the font - should resolve the issue. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Medlin Software said:

Sounds like maybe the software uses a barcode font, which the software and/or the OS cannot find. The clue is the leading and trailing characters and the plain numbers in the middle. If this is the actual problem, reinstalling the software - which should also reinstall the font - should resolve the issue. 

Not sure I want to reinstall the software here in March although I do have multiple client file backups.  I may download software to my laptop to see. Thx for the advice. 

9 hours ago, MDCPA said:

It appears that re-installing the software has fixed the barcode issue.

Thanks to all for your help

It appears I was a little hasty in declaring victory- client mail slip in landscape is smudging bar code.   Not printing clearly. Oh well, that support case is still open.  

• Like 1