ATX Community

Transmitted to EFC for 18 hours

Pacun

Correct me if I am wrong. We used to be able to call ATX and ask them to stop a return before it was "Transmitted to Agency". I have had a return for 18 as "Transmitted to EFC" for 18 hours and ATX said it cannot be stopped. They said that after we click "transmit" no one can stop it. 

24 minutes ago, ILLMAS said:

How does one get state acknowledgment before federal?  I tend to file both at the same time, but I cannot transmit the state until the federal clears.

On April 14, I change my settings from "hold state" to "do not hold state" and that allows me to send both at the same time. I guess people do it from the very beginning.

When the IRS rejects a return that affects both state and federal, those people wish they "held" the state return.  On April 14th and 15th, I don't have time to be waiting for the IRS and that's why I make the change. 

Now that we have sorted out that portion of my info, can someone help me with my original question/concern?