ATX Community

ATX & eSign feature

MDCPA

14 minutes ago, Abby Normal said:

All I know is that it's very expensive compared to the options available. We haven't started it yet. We just securely email the forms, the client prints, signs and scans, then securely emails it back to us, or faxes if they prefer.

This is what I’m doing as well. Thought I would explore other options. It seems most individuals are familiar with docusign or authentisign (at least in our area) and thought this may be a simpler solution for those who don’t have a way to scan back to their computer.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MDCPA said:

those who don’t have a way to scan back to their computer

During the shutdown I found out that there are many that no longer have printers too.

I am doing the same as you others that send securely, client prints and signs, and sends back to me. 

• Like 2

I am using docusign.  It has worked pretty well.  A few of my older client couples share an email address, and that's a problem (2 signatures = to email addresses for docusign verification), but other than that, I have liked it, and so do clients.  It also gives them an electronic copy of their return.  It's not super expensive.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jasdlm said:

I am using docusign.  It has worked pretty well.  A few of my older client couples share an email address, and that's a problem (2 signatures = to email addresses for docusign verification), but other than that, I have liked it, and so do clients.  It also gives them an electronic copy of their return.  It's not super expensive.

Are you saying that for DocuSign there must be two unique emails if there are two signatures requested?

• Like 2

19 hours ago, MDCPA said:

for those who don’t have a way to scan

I had an app on my phone that taking a photo of a document converts it to a very nice PDF. I just tried it out and later uninstalled because I have a scanner. It may have been recommended on this forum, but searching will surely find several such apps.

2 hours ago, Lion EA said:

Verified signatures?

If thats aimed at my response, yes.  Audit trail comes with every signature.  Plus its a client portal for sending and receiving documents.  Cost, if I remember $120 per year for the portal and .16 per signature.  Plus they give you so many free signatures to start.

16 hours ago, Lion EA said:

Good price. How long have you been using it? MFA on the portal? Do your clients have any problems using the portal? Any problems verifying their identities for signatures?

Third year using it.  Had to find something easy for clients to use during pandemic lockdown.  Looked at all the others and those would have been a nightmare for clients to figure out.  Use ProSeries and their online document system is a nightmare.   No issues at all, even with older non tech savvy clients.  Yes on MFA.   

• Like 1

I've learned how few clients have printers and almost none have scanners. They take pictures with their phone to text me. I try to get them to download the FREE Scannable app. My cell is broken, won't hold a charge, can't receive texts or anything. No time to get a new phone now. CCH's eSign has been a great tool, especially during this pandemic. But I have clients in 13 states, so virtual began before the pandemic and will last after. I do have a few older clients who to to their local Staples/office supply store to print, sign, and fax or upload back to me. Sweethearts to go to all that trouble, because it's easier for them than learning a new process.

• Like 1

With Encyro you set up a portal link.  Clients can use their phones to access it and the page will ask them if they want to take pictures.  Tap yes and it brings up your camera and your good to go.  Main issue is getting some clients to take a "good" clear picture.  :)   

On 3/27/2022 at 4:32 PM, MDCPA said:

Is anyone using the ATX eSign feature?  Need some insight into how it works, etc.  

Here is the ATX KB it has an attachment that explains the process pretty well

https://support.cch.com/sfs/solution/ATX-Learning-Portal-Lesson-E-signature?language=en_US

I attached the PDF, if you don't have access.

ATX™_ E-signature.pdf

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've been using TaxDome which is an entire online portal that offers e-signature with KBA ($1/signer), and so far it's been a breeze and my clients haven't had any real issues.  It offers the audit trail download too.  I haven't even begun to use the pipelines yet, but many have said they made a huge difference in the office workflow.  Summer project for me is learning them. 

On 3/28/2022 at 1:26 PM, Abby Normal said:

I had an app on my phone that taking a photo of a document converts it to a very nice PDF. I just tried it out and later uninstalled because I have a scanner. It may have been recommended on this forum, but searching will surely find several such apps.

I use CamScanner.  It takes the picture and converts it into a VERY CLEAR digital copy and offers PDF, JPEG, etc. 

• Like 1