ATX Community

Anyone receive Acks today?

Ray in Ohio

I just mailed my 4868's, so I could pass out right now (pulled an all-niter). But I have too much java in me, LOL. I feel really blessed to just have a few in the queue. I feel for those of you who have tons of them there.

Read on another thread someone is being charged for their efiled 4868's, when she thought they were supposed to be free. That's a painful ouch.

I do have to say that the CCH people I've dealt with are nice and are working hard, but this season's just been an incredibly poorly-thought-out execution and in the end the failure rests with their corporate mission.

I'll definitely be trying out other software or none at all (I'm supposed to be retiring). Still, it's sad for me. I did my first ATX return in 1994, the year my daughter started first grade. She's halfway thru college now....

If you go to Billing Report in MYATX (providing you can get there), click on View Details and Printable Version you can determine the status of your returns listed as EFC Validated.

The Extensions are listed by SS# but at least you can trace them back to EFC Validated. The cleared returns list the taxpayers name.

This was a stress buster for me.

Hi,

While on hold with ATX last week, the message kept saying "for faster service login in to Tax Wise.com" so I did. Same user number, same login. same password as my ATX account. There is more info on their Splash Screen. The ack servers have been switched over to return receiving computers so preparers can send in their high volume of returns that are over loading the server bank. It doesn't say when the ack servers will be back so we can all go home tonight.

So I was curious if we poor cousins are getting less information than the Tax Wise group, how much is Tax Wise. Ooops. I really didn't want to know. $3000 or so for what I am getting now. I could pare it down to 1657 but I don't know if it will get the job done.

Jill

can't send several extensions and 2 completed retruns all are immediately rejected with a SQUIRRELY code that says I need to resubmit after first updating my program. Having updated 5 times today I think I have what I need!

This is really putting me behind the eight ball!

FORE!

OOPS wrong game,

5 in the side pocket please.

Joel

Transmissions "A-OK" and acknowledgements received. Oops, that was from TRX. Done for the season, hope all survive today.

My thanks to all who participated on this board, it hs been a real help just to read how others have handled certain things, although I have not hd to contend with ATX problems. A very easy going tax season for me, but I hv been winding down my practice for several years.

Have a wonderful summer! FYI it was in the high 80s over that past week in CA. Now I must get ready for the really warm summer :)

Transmissions "A-OK" and acknowledgements received. Oops, that was from TRX. Done for the season, hope all survive today.

My thanks to all who participated on this board, it hs been a real help just to read how others have handled certain things, although I have not hd to contend with ATX problems. A very easy going tax season for me, but I hv been winding down my practice for several years.

Have a wonderful summer! FYI it was in the high 80s over that past week in CA. Now I must get ready for the really warm summer :)

Thanks for rubbing it in Duane. :D

No Acks here as of yet.

Wonder if TRX has as many forms as ATX. Nice thing about ATX for someone like me is all the other forms. like Articles of Incorporaton and Sales Tax forms. I don't think you find this in any other package.

Goodness no! Not even close. There are even some fairly common NY forms in the IT-201 personal series that they don't support.

But e-filing is running smoothly today.

Goodness no! Not even close. There are even some fairly common NY forms in the IT-201 personal series that they don't support.

But e-filing is running smoothly today.

Well I agree with others out here, as frustrating as it was, it is not the only software to have a bump at the end in e-filing due to volume. And usually I am done days earlier, sitting around the last 2 days of tax season twiddling my thumbs waiting for those emergency calls. This was just an unusual season for me.

Anyway, TRX won't work for me thn. I have come to rely on how extensive the ATX software is. Does have some downsides though.

CCH take Note...

1. Speed... its not the faster than a speedy bullet.

2. sometimes difficult to find the input fields.

3. Can't link files, for instance the k-1 to the 1040

4. And I still want a way to have 2 current year files open at once. It's Excel based and Excel can do this, so why not ATX?

to name just a few.

Joel